9 | you don't see me

STARLIGHT
𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾 / 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝗇𝖾

STARLIGHT𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾 / 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝗇𝖾

❛ 𝖽𝖾𝖾𝗃𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖽𝖾𝗆𝗈𝗌 ❜

Adelaide was stood behind the counter, talking to a customer at the register, while Ally was chatting with a senior citizen who was currently looking to buy an electric guitar. Ally looked unsure by this as she held the instrument in front of him. "Are you sure you want this guitar, sir?" She asked the man. "It's just that we don't sell many of these to people your age." Offended by her comment, the man stood up straight while pushing his glasses back up, which Ally noticed and quickly added on to correct herself. "'Cause you have to be at least twenty one, and clearly you're not. Can I see your I.D please?"

The man grabbed the electric guitar and mounted it on one knee before playing an Eddie Van Halen style guitar riff. Completely awestruck by what he had just done, Adelaide rushed out from behind the counter to walk over to the man and Ally who wore the same facial expression. "Whoa, will you be our Grandpa?" Adelaide asked, and he smiled and shook his head politely before he passed the instrument back to Ally for her to put back on the guitar rack.

Now leaving the customer to himself, the Dawson twins turned around and stopped when they saw Trish coming in, wearing another uniform as she announced. "Guess who got a job at the Greeting Card Store?" She walked over to the girls, passing Ally the card she was holding. "Here, give this to me."

"Okay." Ally let out in a perplexed manner before giving Trish back her card so she could read what was on the front aloud. "Congratulations on your new job." She smiled brightly and turned to face the girls. "Aw, thanks. You shouldn't have." And she pulled them both into a hug.

"It was nothing." The twins replied before pulling away from the hug, and Ally walked over to stand behind the counter while Adelaide jumped to sit on it.

Just then, Austin and Dez came running in where they stopped behind Trish, almost bursting with excitement. "You're not gonna believe this." The blonde-haired boy started off first, before pulling his best friend in front of him. "Dez, give 'em the news."

"Um, sure." Dez merely shrugged before going on to tell them the actual news. "The mayor gave a speech today, there's a ten percent chance of rain, and in sports, the dolphins..."

The twins and Trish stared at him confused while Austin shook his head, interrupting him. "No, not that news." He quickly pushed in front of the boy and smiled at the girls. "I'm doing my first radio interview." Adelaide, Ally and Trish all gasped at the news as Austin continued. "Miami Mack from F.M 109 is broadcasting live from the beach!"

"Ay, congrats blondie." Adelaide beamed proudly at Austin, with her dangled legs over the counter kicking slightly.

"Yeah, that's great Austin. Ooh," Trish perked up and reached down to grab a card and handed it to him. "here."