Chapter 23

/// UZI'S POV \\\

The moment B escapes through the vent, I run to my computer.

"N! Go the other way and try to find them in the halls!"

I yell, panicked. N nods and runs out of the room.

I hadn't finished reading the list of updates earlier, so I go through them now, seeing if I can find an explanation for B's strange behavior.

-Weapons

-Facial Expressions

-Emotional Shifts

-Strength raised to full potential

-Oil tolerance raised to full potential

-Cooling system disabled

I continue scrolling until I reach the last item on the list that explains it all.

-Hallucinations

Dealing with this is going to be a bitch.

The only way I would be able to alter B's coding would be if I could keep my device on their head, but it fell off when they went through the vent. I run over to pick it up off of the ground to find that it's miraculously not broken.

After rushing back to the computer, I connect the device back to it and re-read the list of updates.

It's going to be extremely dangerous to try to get B under control. The hallucinations will manipulate their mind in unimaginable ways. The only way for me to be able to tamper with their coding is when they're unconscious.

I open one of my desk drawers and rummage through it until I find a computer chip. I use a spare cord to attach it to my computer. Looking into the chip's data, I am relieved to find that it has wireless signal capabilities. I plug the chip into my computer with a spare cord.

After taking a deep breath, I crack my knuckles and start programming.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

/// NORMAL POV \\\

You run down the halls, trying to make your way to the exit. The footsteps behind you grow louder.

Once I make it outside, I'll lose him. I can fly faster. Everything will be... fine...

Thoughts race through your mind, each one growing scarier than the last. You continue down the corridors of the bunker and skid to a halt when you are faced with a dead end.

 You took a wrong turn.

You spin around to look N dead in the eye. He is about five feet away, and slowly creeps closer.

"N... don't-"

You begin, taking a step back.

"I'm sorry, but you heard what Uzi said."

His expression isn't sad at all. He looks rather angry. He proceeds to advance on you, and you continue to back away.

"Please..."

You feel your back touch the wall, sending a chill throughout your body.

"You're too dangerous."

N walks closer, but does not pull out a weapon. You are the first to do that. Your hand retreats into your forearm vesicle and replaces itself with a sword. You lift it up and point it at him shakily. N stops just before the tip touches his face.