Chapter 75

Taehyung gazed at her in fascination. “Mom, your nature wasn’t like this before.”

In his memories, before he turned eleven, his mother always appeared to be a graceful and generous woman. She was never the kind to lose her temper. In fact, whenever taehyung interacted with her, she alway sensed the deep love his mother had for him.

This had always made him want to reciprocate the love his mother had for him, and to be filial to him.

As a result, right until the last moment in his previous life, he had been foolishly filial.

But, ever since he turned eleven...

Although his mother remained a graceful figure and maintained an amicable disposition, she also began deliberately harming him despite claiming otherwise.

She changed overnight.

Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say... she became a different person.

Eunji felt apprehensive when she saw taehyung's piercing gaze directed at her. However, on the surface, she grumbled. “Isn’t this all your fault? Taehyung, you’ve always been obedient and filial. Mom’s frame of mind was naturally good. There wasn’t any reason for me to be upset. But you’ve become more and more rebellious. How can I not worry or get angry?”

“In that case, it must still be my fault.” taehyung smiled mockingly. He was too lazy to listen to their complaints. He turned and headed into the kitchen.

He rummaged through the refrigerator and found some lean pork meat, an egg and some vegetables.

These had been prepared for the helpers.

In the Kim home, helpers could not eat at the table with their employers. The Kim family’s food was different from that which the helpers ate. Usually, they would bring the food to their rooms, or have it quickly in the kitchen.

Earlier, the Kim family’s kitchen used to be stocked with all sorts of luxurious, delectable ingredients. However, now that the three of them could only have deep fried food, eunji had ‘gifted’ away their remaining food.

She had been clearly afraid that taehyung would touch those expensive things, but her excuse was that she was saving money on future gifts.

Forget it...

In any case, he had enough money now. Moreover, he was trying to lose weight. Lean meat was suitable for him.

He had all the condiments that he needed. taehyung picked up the knife and cut the lean meat into strips. Then, he turned on the fire on the stove.

In the dining room, jennie glanced toward the kitchen. “Mom, that fattie is cooking again.”

Eunji pursed her slightly wrinkled lips in disdain. “he’s really wasting our food. If we don’t give him anything, I bet this poor ghost would die of hunger.”

“We can’t possibly stop him from having fresh meat and eggs.” hyunwoo lowered his voice. “In our current situation, we have to rely on him to return to our former glory.”

eunji glared at jennie. “This is all your fault. Your figure is clearly a hundred times better than taehyung's. Your face is also a thousand times more attractive. It’s been years. Why haven’t you been able to seduce jungkook till now?”

“Do you think I don’t want to?” jennie was angered. “You can’t blame me like this... as my mother... and you.”

She glanced at hyunwoo.

“As my...” she paused and swallowed her last few words down. “The two of you should be helping me. How am I supposed to succeed on my own?”

Eunji was frustrated. “Haven’t I been helping you all this time? I created so many opportunities for you. Look...” She lifted her injured left hand.