Chapter 73

“The abuse I endured and the permanent damage that my body suffered cannot be for nothing. If your brother was really wronged, overturn his case with proper evidence. Otherwise, I beg you to please let justice prevail in this matter. Don’t bully a weak victim like me! I believe that rather than forcing me to give in, your brother would also prefer to have his name properly cleared. Otherwise, the shadow of his guilty sentence will never truly leave him.”

Doyun knew she had no way of preventing this. Thus, she appealed to the other party’s logic and emotions both.

“Alright. I will look for concrete evidence.” taehyung was not completely without conscience.

Since doyun was begging him so sincerely, he would wait for black rose to bring that thief, hong beomseok, back and to overturn the case through him.

“Since I’ve already given the six thousand dollars to you, hold onto it.” taehyung stood up and brought out another three thousand dollars. He placed it on the coffee table. “This is to settle the bill. You’re working for this bar to bring customers here to be scammed for their money. At the end of the day, this is an illegal job. You’ll escape unscathed if you stop now. But if you keep going on, sooner or later, you’ll be locked up.”

Taehyung had just stood up from the booth when he suddenly paused. “Also, jennie is not jungkook's fiancée. I am.”

He knew without turning around that doyun's expression was that of astonishment.

“In this world, there are many matters that are not as straightforward as they appear to be.” taehyung left these words behind and walked away.

Not as straightforward as you see...

doyun deliberated over these words dazedly in the booth seat.

Could it be that the man, who had harmed her, wasn’t yoongi?

...

taehyung returned to the Kim home. He had only just entered the living room when he received eunji's reprimand. “taehyung, you damn brat! Where did you go? You actually dared to stay out for a night!”

“I went to visit Dad. I slept by his bedside the entire night.” his icy cold gaze shifted onto eunji's wrinkled, but attractive features. “And, you owe me an explanation. For the past three years, why have you never paid a single cent for Dad’s medical treatment?”

Eunji was not afraid to answer this question. “Didn’t your brother, yoongi, pay for it? Why would I make another payment?”

Three years ago, she had tried to withdraw the money that yoongi had paid for hyuntae's treatment fees. Since the sum had been paid from yoongi's account, if she withdrew that money, it would only return to his account and not to her hands. Had this not been the case, she would already have taken the money out.

Taehyung's expression was stern. “Does that mean you left my Dad alone and unattended for three years?”

“Isn’t it because I’ve been busy?” eunji put on a helpless expression. “After your dad and brother met with accidents, the entire Kim family has been relying on me to survive. How could I possibly have had the time...”

“That’s true. You were so busy you couldn’t even make time for a hospital visit in the span of three whole years...”

Eunji lifted her well-groomed brows in unhappiness. “How can you use such a sarcastic tone against me? I’m your mom!”

“Are you?”

“Of course I am.” eunji's expression was open. “I carried you for ten months in my womb.” She then put on a guilty look. “taehyung ah, I know that you’re angry at me for not visiting your Dad. But... have you thought about it? You Dad is a vegetable. What’s the point in me visiting him?”