To be Understood ➤ sunsun ➤ angst

this oneshot is gonna be based off me, both sunoo and sunghoon btw lol

like theyre my two different sides, inversely proportional but directly proportional in a way i cannot fucking explain

ANYWAY.

-
NOT PROOFREAD

-

"You hate me, don't you."

Those five words were the only thing Sunghoon had ever heard from the younger.

But neither of them could control it. It's just Sunoo's same old anxious nature.

Every single day, Every single minute of being with each other, those were the only things going inside Sunoo's head.

He'd constantly bite his nails, fidget with anything in front of him, rechecking things a bit too often either too much or always.

His mind takes him over at times, and he can't control himself.

Random outbursts, out-of-pocket reactions, and spontaneous actions are the consequences that bring shame to him when others notice them.

And the older being an emotionally absent person, didn't make things any better.

Two polar opposites.

Together.

Yet a parasitic relationship they've yet to get out of.

Parasitic, as one benefits from the other but the other gets nothing in return, but a burden that he'll have to endure.

Sunghoon hates the concept of vulnerability and weakness.

Emotion was his greatest drawback and enemy.

Being emotionally unavailable was never his choice, it didn't just come to him naturally.

He adapted it from his childhood experience.

No one was ever there for him when he was at his lowest.

Instead, his parents ridiculed and left him alone, instead of comforting their child.

Anything related to positive emotions, such as physical, words of affirmation, or any source of dopamine that he was unfamiliar with. He'd just get a burst of rage from it.

If he was treated like shit, why should he treat anyone any better?

And Sunoo,... Not even having anywhere safe to get away from all that's happening to him.

At home, he's neglected and abused, but never physically.

At school, he's a reject and a weirdo no one wants to be with.

Even himself, he hates himself to his guts. How he looks, talks, sounds like, or how he is.

He can never catch a break.

Not even with Sunghoon.

Sunoo is treated like a dirtbag, just as how everyone does