🦕ྀི (XIV)

Chapter Fourteen

[Ben POV]

Every so often as we walk, Y/N lets out a grunt of pain. I can see that she's really struggling not to react too much, but the pain is a bit too much for her control.

Her eyes are turning glossy, and I get more and more worried by the second.
"Hey, uh, Darius? Can we rest for a bit? Y/N really isn't feeling good."

Darius nods and sighs. "Alright. Five minutes of break."

Yasmina irritatedly huffs, and I glare at her.

"Have a little more sympathy, Track Star." Kenji frowns, to my surprise. "Can't you see that she's hurt?"

Yaz just rolls her eyes.

I give Kenji a thankful smile, and he nods sadly, his eyes on Y/N.

I can see that he really cares for her. After all, she's his friend.

Y/N is resting on a boulder, and leaning on my shoulder, and this time,  my flusteredness is overcome with concern.

Brooklyn and Sammy scan the greenery around us.

"Darius, are you sure we're still headed towards the park?" Sammy asks.

"Well, we'd be sure if I still had my phone, because it has a GPS, a compass app, and is also a phone!" Brooklyn glares at the Texan girl.

"Sammy didn't steal your phone!" Yaz shoves the vlogger away from Sammy. "No one stole your phone! Can we please stop talking about the phone?!"

"Could you all yell at each other quieter please!" I hiss at them, rubbing Y/N's back.

Kenji winces, doing some quick thinking, and cuts in. "My fellow campers, chill! What we need here is someone who can make the hard call on what to do next. Since I'm obviously leadership material, I'll do this. And my first decree as leader is for everyone to stop talking and just listen to Darius."

"Huh?" Darius mumbles.

"You got us out of camp alive. Basically, you're leadership is almost as good as mine!" Kenji smiles smugly. "So! Which way, Darius?"

We all look at him expectantly. He blinks and looks at the trees behind him.

"Please, you're just trying to cover up the fact that you're lost too, Mr. VIP." Yasmina rolls her eyes. "None of us know where we are."

"I know where we are." Y/N suddenly says weakly, and Darius beams at her.

"Me too!"

My best friend smiles at the dark-skinned boy. "We're by the Carnotaurus paddock, right?"

"I thought this place looked familiar." Darius grins, confirming Y/N's question, and runs ahead.

I pull her up, and she grits her teeth is concentration, muttering, "I can do this." repeatedly.

I wish I could be as determined as her, but right now I'm kind of feeling hopeless.

"Am I an excellent leader or what?" Kenji smirks and follows Darius.

We trudge through the tall, itchy grass for a few more minutes until we reach a fence.

"I remember the fence!" Darius exclaims.

Then he sees it. "The broken, ripped-down fence..."

"That... that means Toro is here. With us." Y/N flinches.

"Now we have to deal with the Indominus and Toro." I add.

"Hold up." Darius pauses. "How do you know about Toro?"