🦕ྀི (XIII)

Chapter Thirteen

[Y/N POV]

"Mom?"

I walk into the room with a worried frown as my mom sobs, kneeling on the floor.

"Mom, what's wrong? What happened?"

"Y/N, Daddy's had a car accident, and now he's in the hospital."

At that moment, I feel like a rock had been dropped into my chest, and I also collapse on the floor, not caring about the pain in my arm from a shard of glass on the floor.

In fact, the pain helps. It distracts me from the devastation.

And for once, it feels good.

Mom pulls me up and we both walk to the car wordlessly, crying silently.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"I'm terribly sorry, but Mr. L/N has passed. I thought you two would just like to say goodbye, before we dispose of... him"

Mom and I crash into the room where Dad lays on a sterile white bed. His face is peaceful, and he looks like he's just asleep. But I see his hand limp on the side of the cushion.

No tears flow because they've ran out, and it somehow makes me feel worse.

Shock radiates from Mom and numbness radiates from me.

Dad's gone.

And he's never coming back.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

My eyes snap open, and I sit up panting and gasping.

What... where am I... where's Mom?

Then I look around and realize that I'm in camp. The zip line had dropped us to the ground, and the others are still unconscious.

Then a sharp burst of pain greets me from my leg, and I when I feel around it, I realize that the bone is broken.

Groaning softly, I lean back on the trunk of a tree and try to wake the others up.

"Guys, please wake up. Please. The Indominus... it might... and I'm..."

My body automatically releases dry racking sobs, and I start to shake uncontrollably. No one wakes up.

After a lot of crying, my eyes shut close into a brief and restless slumber.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"What are we going to do?"

"It's definitely broken."

"We need to get a doctor."

"If I just had my phone then we could've called someone..."

"Is she gonna be okay?"

"Of course not, Kenji. Shut up."

"Y/N please wake up. If you're dead I... I don't know what I'm going to do."

"She's not dead, Ben. I feel a pulse, and she's still breathing."

"Oh thank goodness."

My eyes flutter open slightly, and they blurrily see faces that the faint voices must've come from.