⁰¹⁻ 𝐍𝐨, 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫.

CHAPTER ONE
"Lose the bat, genius."

       Scott McCall is sitting on his bed in his room, wearing only a pair of gym shorts, as he re-threads the laces on his lacrosse stick

       Scott McCall is sitting on his bed in his room, wearing only a pair of gym shorts, as he re-threads the laces on his lacrosse stick. Once he's determined that the net on his stick is secure and loose enough, he tosses the stick on his bed before walking toward the bathroom door, where he has a bar mounted on the lintel. After doing a series of chin-ups, Scott goes into the bathroom, where he brushes his teeth and washes his face before bed.

Suddenly, Scott hears a noise outside and pauses to listen for danger. Now on his front porch, where Scott, now in a red hoodie, walks outside with a wooden baseball bat in hand as he investigates what is causing the noise. Suddenly, a figure appears hanging from the roof, and Scott yelps in terror, almost hitting the person in the face with his bat until he realizes that it is Stiles Stilinski, his best friend, who is yelping just as loudly.

"AHH! AHHHHH! AHHHHHH!" Scott huffs in frustration and annoyance before lowering his bat.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing?!" Scott asked his best friend. Stiles looks just as exasperated as Scott as he eyes the bat in his best friend's hands.

"You weren't answering your phone! I tired calling Hope and she wouldn't answer either. Why do you have a bat?" His best friend asked.

"I thought you were a predator!" Scott replied, annoyed.

"Yeahh, cause predators come swinging down from your roof." A voice from behind Scott said sarcastically. Scott yelped and swung the bat as he turned around. Before it almost hit yet another person in the face, it was quickly taken out of Scott's hands. Scott opened his eyes that closed out of terror and saw his older sister, standing in front of him with the bat now in her hands.

"Lose the bat, genius." Hope said, tossing the bat away.

"I thought you were a predator too!" Scott claimed.

"A pre... Wha?" Stiles asked, gaining Hope's attention. She looked over at the hanging boy and slightly tilted her head, waving. Stiles smiled shyly and waved back, almost losing his balance. Stiles then looks at Scott, clearly appalled by the implication, before scoffing and changing the subject to why he's there.

"Look, I know it's late, but you two gotta hear this," Stiles started. Hope shrugged and nodded, telling him to continue to talk. "I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago. Dispatch called- they're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even state police."

"For what?" Scott asked with a frown. Stiles has difficulty concealing his glee regarding his answer.

"Two joggers found dead in the woods." Reaching up to pull himself free from the trellis, Stiles lands on his feet in front of Hope and Scott, Scott who is confused and Hope who is interested.

"What, a dead body?" Scott asked. Stiles reaches up and leans on the railing to look at Scott eye-level with a sarcastic expression.

"No, a body of water." Stiles rolls his eyes.

"Yes, dumbass, a dead body!" Hope finished, rolling her eyes at her brother's stupidity. Scott looks unserved about this news as Stiles climbs over the railing to join both him and Hope on the porch.

"Wait. You mean, like, murder?" Hope asked, turning to look at Stiles.

"Nobody knows yet. Just that it was a girl, probably in her twenties." Stiles replied with a slight shrug.

"Hold on, if they found the body, then what are they looking for?" Hope asked, a frown placed on her face out of confusion. Stiles becomes overwhelmed with glee at the drama of this situation as he finishes the story.

"That's the best part- they only found half." He told both McCall's. Stiles' tone of voice changes, making it clear that Hope or Scott doesn't have a say in what happens next.

"We're going." He stated. Hope sighed dramatically.

"Can I at least go change first?" She asked, looking down at her black sweatpants with purple graphics, white crop top, and her purple Converse.

"No. You look great, c'mon, McCall's!" Stiles said, walking off of the porch. Hope looked over at her younger brother who shrugged and followed their best friend. Hope shortly followed after the both of them.