𝐈 • 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

It's actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like himSo I got myself a citrus friendBut soon his bittersweet started to rub off on me

So I got myself a citrus friend
But soon his bittersweet started to rub off on me

Lemon Boy - Cavetown

DAHLIA REMEMBERED THE DAY SHE entered Camp Half-Blood for the first time all too well

She was 15 when she first met Luke Castellan in the Hermes cabin and quickly took a liking for the boy.

Luke was 17 and a son of Hermes, while Dahlia was unclaimed. She remembered too well the days of them getting into mischief and practicing sword fight. Luke was incredibly talented and she admired him for his abilities.

A few weeks had passed since Dahlia was at camp, when they played Capture the Flag. She ran through the forest, two girls from the Athena cabin at her heels. She could feel her hand sweating as she held the flag of the other team in it.
The girl had Meg, a daughter of Demeter, at her side, cursing under her breath.

"Give me the flag!" Meg yelled and Dahlia did as she was told. She threw the flag to the girl, when Meg suddenly turned and took a different path.
Dahlia looked behind her and was startled by how close the two girls of the opposed Team behind them had come.
She looked ahead again to avoid tripping over any roots or branches.

She saw 'Zephyros Greek' in front of her, the narrow body of water that crossed the forest and separated it into two parts. It marked the border, across which they had to carry the flag to win the game.
Evie didn't understand why Meg had taken a different route until she saw the bridge that crossed the river. Two boys with red helmets stood in front of it, ready to intercept the girl.

"Damn it!" Dahlia cursed and followed Meg. Her hand on the hilt of her sword. She heard the sound of metal clanging and saw Meg, sword raised in one hand and the flag in the other, fighting a warrior from the opposing team.

Dahlia didn't think twice and drew her sword to defend Meg. She fought the boy she thought was from the Apollo Cabin and at the same time saw the two girls who had followed them running towards her. The boys, who had probably been standing by the bridge earlier, joined them and Dahlia knew they couldn't stand up to the majority. She looked at the flowing water beside her and then at Meg.