Chapter 54

“Insincere.” His cold gaze remained unmoved.

“How should I express my sincerity then?” he lifted his brows to ask.

His gaze was burning hot and his intentions were clear. “What do you think?”

His husky voice carried desire and immense thirst.

With taehyung's intelligence, there was no way he would not understand him.

Taehyung lowered his head bashfully and thought to himself that if he desired it... then...

He was willing to offer it all to him.

Jungkook watched his bashful expression. His lips curved in response.

This little man! He wondered how he could be so charming. To think he would control his body and heart to this extent.

Till date, nearly everyone who could influence him had been killed!

Taehyung was the only exception. For someone who absolutely despised being under someone’s influence, he could be seen looking forward to it.

He reminded himself that it had taken so many years to improve their relationship. He had endured too much hardship for him to finally reveal his soft side to him.

He could not frighten him. He absolutely could not.

Taehyung was incredibly agitated and began to tremble.

Jungkook noticed this and a hint of self-reprimand appeared in his gaze.

This was all his fault.

He placed his outerwear on the bedside table and held him to lay down on the large bed. He then wrapped him up in his embrace and adjusted the blanket over them.

Taehyung leaned into his arms and waited for several minutes. To his surprise, he did not move again.

Could it be that he did not share the same thoughts as him?

His gaze was filled with disappointment.

Since he would not take initiative, it was fine if he took charge, wasn’t it?

He shifted his hand up to touch his body when he felt his even breathing against his forehead.

He lifted his head and watched his expression. He was peacefully asleep and there were clear signs of exhaustion under his eyes.

It seemed like it had been days since he slept well.

He could not find it in him to wake him up.

They still had many years ahead. It wasn’t as though he could escape from him.

It was early in the morning and he was similarly tired.

He yawned and quickly fell asleep.

Almost immediately, jungkook opened his eyes.

For the past few days, he had taken countless cold showers, icy cold ones.

He wanted to leave for another cold shower but could not bear to separate from the one in his arms.

He kept his eyes open and exhausted nearly all of his willpower before he finally restrained himself.

He usually slept very little, and it had been days since he had a proper rest. His body was extremely tired.

But with him in his arms, he felt completely at ease.

He relaxed, and soon after, he fell asleep by his side.

Outside the room, jennie was still waiting for jungkook to chase taehyung out.

She sharpened her ears and focused all her attention on listening in to their conversation.