🦕ྀི (VIII)

Chapter Eight

Underlined words are spoken through the headsets.

[3rd POV]

"Yes!"

"This is going to be so much fun!"

"We get to drive gyrospheres? Cool!"

"Oh, man, I'm driving!"

"Saddle up, dudes and dudettes!" Dave says jovially. "We're going on a cattle drive, but with dinosaurs! It's a dino drive!!"

"And just to be clear, all these dinosaurs are herbivores, right?" Ben asks nervously.

"Well, they only chewed the last kid a little, so we're like, 99 percent sure they're cool." Roxie teases.

Y/N frowns at Roxie once she sees Ben's knees knocking in fright, and the girl twines her fingers around her best friend's.

"Park personnel are moving a group dinosaurs to fresh grazing grounds lands across the island, and we get to ride along behind the herd." Roxie smiles, leaning on Dave.

"Are you kidding me?! Dinosaur migration patterns are my jam!" Y/N and Darius both say, exchanging high fives.

"You both may wanna consider a new jam, bro and bro-ette." Kenji smirks, nudging Y/N, who inches away from him in discomfort.

Her best friend notices it, and firmly pulls her ten meters away from the rude teenaged boy, frowning deeply.

Kenji loops his arms around Dave's and Roxie's shoulders, much to their annoyance, and says, "So, uh, you sure these things are waterproof? Looking pretty grim out here, and hair this awesome does not come easy."

"I like your hair better." Y/N whispers, smoothening Ben's hair gently, and the boy flushes pink, loving the soft touch of her fingers running through his thin strawberry-blonde strands.

"Th-thanks, Y/N." he stammers.

"Your hair is gonna be fine Kenji." Dave rolls his eyes. "Storm has already moved up the coast and away from us"

"Cool! Time to show these fools what a gyrosphere master can do." Kenji lets out a loud smirk

"No way!" Roxie stops him. "You are riding with Ben, as a passenger."

Ben's face drops and so does Y/N's as they were both wanting to ride with each other.

"Oh, but, Ben and I were gonna..." Y/N trails off disappointedly.

"What? Seriously? But he's so--"

"He's so what, Kenji?" Y/N fiercely glares, challenging him to say it.

She feels the need to defend her friend, just like the countless of other times Ben had been bullied by students in their school.

"...he's so wimpy." Kenji finishes darkly.

Y/N loses her temper, flaring, just like she does many times, and sprints forwards with her fist out.

Kenji stumbles back in shock and fear of the 15 year old, and Roxie intervenes before the girl can cause a large bruise on the boy's face.

"Woah, woah! No fighting, Y/N! And Kenji, don't offend Ben." Roxie says loudly, holding the two of them away from each other.

"That's right, Kenji." Y/N spits the boy's name out disgustedly. "Don't you ever, ever offend my best friend."