Man of Steel, Fear of Man

October 20th, 2183

Today marks the my first year anniversary when I decided to join the helldivers. 

Back then I needed some way to help my people while still being able to maintain my family alive. Being part of Class E didn't make it easy. I remember seeing my old man working everyday not knowing whether he would come back the next. I wish I could see them again.

I've been deployed 12 times.  It was after my 3rd when I had lost my arm and leg. I was saved by a helldiver who dragged me to the extraction. He could have left but he decided to save my life. I was never able to find who that person was after I woke up in a hospital bed in Super Earth. I was then sent to a testing lab to get prosthetics. Part of my head was injured as well so I if i wanted to live I would have to get some implants as well. From that day onward, something had changed. 

Something was different. 

I started to feel less human but i strived for survival even if it meant the lives of other people.

Overwhelmed by a feeling of fear, Then I knew that I knew if I wanted to make something change, I would have to play by the rules until my time was right. Even between helldivers, I knew I can't trust others I met. In some way, I feel like I write to help clear my mind and talk to others who agree. But in the end, who would ever oppose the might of managed democracy. 

To watch people be deemed traitors as they get scared and flee from combat.

To know that they could have lived with the right mindset. 

To know that the response only response that Democracy Officer will give is a template letter which isn't even guaranteed to make it back to Super Earth. 

I don't wish to deviate. Not now.