🦕ྀི (VI)

Chapter Six

[Ben POV]

I pull out my bottle of sanitizer, rubbing plenty on my hands and giving some to Y/N, despite her objections, while Brooklyn complains about her follower count. Sammy tries to console her, but it doesn't really seem to work.

I'm in a good mood today, and I hum an upbeat tempo that Y/N tries to copy with me, while we rub our arms and legs, and even our necks

Yasmina gives us an odd look, and I patiently explain, "Sanitizer. Who knows what kind of creepy goo is at that lab? Gotta be ready for anything."

Y/N catches my eye, and with a glint in hers, we both simultaneously state, "The world is a grab-bag of gross and we're all just along for the moist, sticky roller coaster ride called life."

It's a motto we both had memorized just for fun a year ago.

Yaz's face seems to say, 'You've both got a point there.', and she grabs the bottle and starts to apply, too, much to my delight and Y/N's amusement.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Skidding on the firm loam soil, the wheels halt and the truck stops in its tracks.

Y/N helps me to hop down the truck, and I give her a grateful grin.

Yaz jumps off flawlessly, Sammy bounces on her toes excitedly, and Brooklyn starts to record again.

Dave and Roxie lead us into the genetics lab.

When the door opens, I gawk around, not expecting the place to be this... white. And complicated.

Advanced technology trill around the area, and preserved artifacts line the walls.

Y/N gasps, pleased with all the interesting things, and she starts to look around, thankfully not touching anything.

"It's so shiny in here!" Sammy beams as some scientists and assistants walk around in sterile uniforms.

"This is a rare window into the park's inner workings." Roxie says. "Not just anyone can come here, you know."

Dave struts to three workers clustered up together. They seem to be studying a bunch of... dinosaur eggs? With claws that are adjusting it from crater to crater. I don't understand what it's for.

"Doc Wu-wu!" Dave pumps his fist. "Guess who's ready to have a blastocyst from the pastocyst? The mitosis with the mosisis! We're ready for some chromosomes, my bro-mosome"

The lead man, Doctor Wu, has slicked black hair and a stern expression. He seems to be slightly annoyed with Dave, and ignores the counselor's joke.
When he turns around, I notice that his eyes momentarily flash upon seeing Y/N.

What was that all about? I don't think I trust him.

"We're here for the tour, Dr. Wu. Camp Cretaceous?" Roxie hints, and I trail after them, not really knowing what to do around here. "Miss Dearing must have mentioned."

Wu connects his hands behind his back. "I'm sorry, but Mr. Masrani has accelerated the timetable for our newest exhibit yet again." he apologizes politely. "I simply don't have time to spend the afternoon babysitting children."

I frown a little.

Roxie sighs, and stops walking with him

Dr. Wu approaches Brooklyn and taps her on the arm lightly. "Young lady, no recording in the lab."