Revealing our stories

Shaizaan POV

" She is orphan... How? I cannot believe it. " I asked BiJaan.

" Her mother died when she was young and her father died about 2 months ago. " BiJaan informed and I was taken aback.

" Just like me, she is orphan. "

" Yes. So, please take care of her. For me. Kinza and Qizra will be married soon. I will also visit my grand daughter and may not return for months. She will be all alone. She may need someone around for support. That someone can be you. " With that, BiJaan stood up and walked towards the kitchen to see if the cook brought all the items for dinner.

I was sad after knowing that. I felt guilty after knowing my brother needed me and I was not there for him. And the same feeling was arising in me for her. Maybe she needed someone around her too. Maybe I can help her because I know that phase.
But I cannot just talk to her like that about her parents. It will make her uncomfortable.
Maybe when she is ready, I'll talk to her.

I thought and walked upstairs.
I found her room door closed and sighed.
She needs rest.
I said to myself and walked towards my room, next to hers.

*****

Zahra POV

I woke up and looked at the dark sky visible from the window of the room.

It must be dinner time. I whispered to myself and looked at my mobile.

It's 12:23 AM. I slept for around 5 hours. I was shocked.

I am hungry. I groaned and walked outside the room.

Everyone is asleep. I should not make a sound.
Keeping that in my mind, I made an entrance to the kitchen and saw food kept in fridge. I looked at chicken fry in a bowl. I took few pieces on the plate and reheated it in microwave.
I peaked outside the kitchen and saw no one around.

Phhuuu! No one's awake.

I ate the fries while scrolling at my mobile.
After drinking a few sips of water. I looked at the fridge again. There was a milkshake in transparent glass. With a note below it.

" I know you might be hungry at night. The sweet element of your dinner is your favorite chocolate milkshake.
~Khala. "

I smiled. It was sealed with Zomato tape.

She must have ordered it. I said to myself.

I walked upstairs while drinking sips of milkshake in between. And thought to sit on terrace for a while.

I entered the terrace and saw Shaizaan sitting on the bean bag while eating cupcake.

I was about to leave when I heard,

" Please stay... " I turned to look at him.

He looked at me and pointed at the bean bag beside the table next to him.

I thought to go back to the room but stayed.

I sat on the bean bag and drank the milshake.

" Want some? " We both said at the same time.

" No Thank you. " Again the same time.

I smiled.

" I am sorry. " Shaizaan said.

" Sorry for what? " I asked while keeping the empty glass on the table between us.

" The evening incident... I am sorry for being rude. "

" It's okay. "

There was silence. The cool Breeze was sitting on my face. It was peaceful.

" May I ask what happened to your parents? " I asked while looking at him.

He sighed and looked at me.

" If you don't want to, it's okay... " I said.

" My mother had a natural death a year ago. My father died soon after due to cardiac arrest. And my brother suicided recently. "

" Ya Allah. "

*****

Shaizaan POV

" Ya Allah " I saw her. She started to mumble something and looked at me.

" Are you okay? " She asked looking at me. There was sadness in her eyes. She was pity for me.

" Yeah. "

" Then how come you are here? Your relatives... " I stopped her in middle of her sentence by saying,

" I am the only one alive from my family, Zahra. My mother's relatives died in accident. Her friend's children are my friends and they also suggested to start a new life from a new place. "

" Ohh... "

" This mansion also belongs to Abba. Abba and Chachu bought it together and gifted it to BiJaan. "

" Sweet... " I heard her say and looked at her. Her smile.
I didn't want to say more but thought to share it with her. I don't know why.

" There was an apartment we all used to live in. But I had to sell it to Goons because of my Abba's loan from them. "

" What? Goons? Omg... "

" Yeah. They were mentally torturing my father and my brother. My brother had to drop out of his favourite college. He stated to work at a hostel as receptionist. But those goons created a scene there and he was fired. It happened many times and that's why he suicided. " I controlled myself from crying.

" He must be alone... "

" Yeah. He didn't even called me. And when I asked about his studies, he said it's going great. My younger brother acted like a mature elder brother. If I had known this, he would have been alive. " I felt a year on my cheek. I wiped it quickly without her knowing.

I looked at her and saw her making dua with covering her head with the dupatta.

Ameen. I said in my heart.

I looked at her and she turned to look at me.

" I want revenge... I'll make a business better than them and will take revenge from every one who tortured my parents and my brother. " I said looking at her, in her eyes.

" Then focus on product not on revenge. When the product is built great, it will sell great. That will help you built a greater empire. " I heard her say with a sweet smile.

I looked at her. I smiled unknowingly.

Wait...
What are you doing, Heart? I asked myself as my heartbeats increased.

I felt something in her words. My heart reacted to it.
What is this feeling...?

*****

Assalamualaikum
How are you?
How's the story going?
Are you enjoying reading the story?
How was their first conversation?
Please do let me know in the comments...

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes.

Please like and comment and enjoy reading further.

Iram Khan

28/03/2024