Chapter 1: First friend in Hell

Falling down and hitting solid ground was all I knew at first as I couldn't see a thing, only the hearing the sounds of distant screams, explosions, and... fighting coming this way.

Just great, just when things couldn't get worse.

I open my eyes to find a red sky and a giant pentagram as well. I sit up finding old and newer dried blood around me on the ground and walls. Hell for sure, it was unlikely I would've been going to heaven with the sins I've done, witch craft being one of them, 17th century and the church never liked either of those so they burned the stake for my crimes but not just for that but for murder and, believe it or not, for believing and slightly worshiping mythical creatures instead of God like the siren, my honest favorite.

I stand up to find a decent mirror to look at myself and see that I have scales but not like those a lizard or snake I know of but like those of a fish, siren scales, on my legs and arms, little fins putruding on all four. I smile at my appearance to find myself having sharp and pointy teeth too.

"Well damn don't I look good?" I say to myself to find my voice to be very melodic, like a song wanting to be sung out everytime I opened my mouth. It was beautiful to be honest. I hear the fighting from earlier coming closer and I look out to find what I'll later to find out was a turf war between an Overlord name Zestial and some other demons. I liked the way Zestial looked, his spider look and slender build reminded me of how a spider survived and hunted, truly spectacular to watch. He was powerful definitely but when I saw something try to attack him from behind dishonorably.

You see I might be a sinner but I do believe in honor amongst fighting so I feel like doing something to punish this one for dishonorable fighting. I call out only to find my voice to come out as a song and magical chains surrounding the demon with the same color as its soul, which was odd but whatever and yes I can see soul color.

Zestial looks behind him to see the same person now chained to the floor... with soul chains? His gaze follows the chains after finishing the last demon off and finds my gaze. He walks over to me like nothing happened yet a curious manner aura washing over the blue green swirling soul he has.

"Who is thou to help me with this turf war? May I ask for your name young ma'am?" Zestial asked me, cooking his head to the side in what seemed to be curiosity yet question. I gave a slight bow of my head before replying, " Y/n l/n, but you may call me Y/n. Now what is your name good sir?"

"Oh how silly of me to introduce myself," he said with a slight bow, taking my hand kissing the top of it, "my name is Zestial, an Overlord of Hell. Upon this topic of Hell, are you newly arrived?" I nod my head yes but his aura changed, while yes still curious it was also confused. "Why so confused my dear gentleman?" I ask as more confusion washes over as he knew he was good at covering up what he was feeling. 

"Well I can feel one's power from you that I've never did felt before(a/n I'm sorry if this bad but I'm trying my best to write in a tone that someone would have spoken like during the 16th century), astonishing for someone to be new to this power level." He calmly explained but I could see there was something else he was wanting to ask me, I could see it in his eyes, his soul.

Taking a second to decide whether it was smart to do so or not, he replied, "You made chains on that demon as if you owned his soul, since thou is new here, it is doubtful you did" His voice seeming smooth and calm despite the hesitation in his aura. I only nod my head before saying, "I'm a master of soul magic so it must have had something to do with it from when I was alive. Not many can use such magic and if they can, can only really guide it not weird it like I could, can I guess now." Zestial seemed surprised by my explanation, this was obviously not normal and now he knew he was dealing with a witch but that didn't seem to mind him but her power level did.

I could feel that Zestial wasn’t someone who was weak, no no no, far from it in fact. He was powerful, power levels very high but yet no fear came from me, those power levels from Zestial were those that would make people cower before him, penalize if they dared face him. But to me, he was nothing like that, power level didn’t affect me like that, never had but this, this was different.

How so you may ask, well he seemed timid or cautious of me which never seemed to happen with people, especially when I was alive. Sure yeah I never let a person’s power affect me but this had never happened from one who was above me, not that I could recall at least.

“Do you have any where to stay Y/n, I’d like to talk to you in private if you don’t mind” Zestial asked me with honesty and I just answered, “No I don’t have a place to stay and I would love to talk to you some more Zestial. Maybe you could teach me about Hell a bit more as to I’m new here” I say with a gentle yet sharp but not forced smile, which he returned as he came to walk beside me.

We walk for a little bit of time before arriving to where Zestial calls home. It was a nice home for sure so I made sure to compliment him and his style with he took with gratitude. He led me to a small little parlor within the house and he offered me tea which I gladly accepted. We talked for a few hours, getting to know one another more. Zestial told me about many many different overlords in hell (this is before Alastor showed up so there are still all those overlords) including himself and telling I might be one right now from my power level itself, promising to take me to a meeting with other overlords if I wished, I did decline but said that I would keep it in mind, right now though that I would like to get ahold of how to run around in Hell. He understood that so he said the offer was always open. We continued our talking and chatting, I learned about the history of Hell, the King of Hell himself, Lucifer, his daughter Charlie, his wife Lilith, and heaven too. One topic which I found important was extermination, where Heaven sends down angels to kill off us demons, truly sad if I’m being honest.

After a few hours of talking me and Zestial became good friends and it was starting to get late by the darker red showing in the sky, slowly inking its way to black like smoke covering the sun. Zestial noticed and offered me a room in his home until I could find one of my own in Hell which I gratefully accepted. In return when he left to take care once more another turf war I made a delicious meal for us both. He was definitely surprised by the meal but accepted it with great gratitude. We dined in comfortable silence and within a few more hours bid each other good night.

A/n: that took awhile but I hoped you liked it in the next part it is going to skip a few centuries though just to let you know