🦕ྀི (II)

Chapter Two

[Y/N POV]

I blink my E/C eyes sleepily once, twice, three times. They blur at the miniscule words on the smooth cream paper underneath them.

I wish I was at home just laying in my bed, reading a good old fanfiction, just like I do when I'm feeling lonely.

Lonely

I miss Dad.

Lonely

I miss our family date nights.

Lonely

But most of all, I miss his hugs. The little packs of goodies he would always used to bring me home. And I miss our boardgame nights.

I miss having a father.

"Miss L/N! Are you awake?" My teacher, Mrs Smith, asks me with a slightly stern voice.

I immediately make my head straight, and look ahead.

"Yes Mrs Smith. I was just... feeling sleepy." I admit with a sigh.

"I do not tolerate sleepiness in this class, Ms L/N. Please don't make the same mistake. You're lucky that you have good grades. I'll let this time pass."

"Thank you Mrs Smith." I thank her with an apologetic face. Beads of sweat start to drip from my temples;
I hate being in the center of attention.

I know I'm probably overreacting, but that's how I really am. My body (and sometimes my mouth) automatically overreacts to the smallest things.

I have HDP; Histrionic Personality Disorder

And that's also why it's hard for me to make friends. I'm socially awkward and I try too hard not to be.

Directly in front of me, a girl named Hannah Malone shoots me a sneer, and whispers to her seatmate. All I can catch is, "...teacher's pet...."

My shoulders slump.

I may as well be one. It's not like I try to be, but I always try my best to be kind, helpful, and get good grades. It's the only thing I can do considering that I'm such a 'hysterical, bipolar, exaggerating' person.

Another reason is because Dad had always wanted me to be his model student and daughter. And I'm not letting him down. But the other students at school all think that I'm just trying to steal the spotlight.

I'm really not trying to. I just...

I just want to make my dad proud.

I like the thought of him possibly beaming at me from high up in the clouds. And even though I sometimes push myself too hard, I still don't feel worthy of his love.

I just miss him so much. And it's not any better with Mum constantly zoning out whenever I try to talk to her about it.

I know she misses Dad too, but I wish she could be there for me more. When I lost Dad, it's like I lost a part of Mum too. It hurts. A lot.