SPORE PANIC

When the night has finally set and the Tavern was closed, everyone went to bed. But not these two, they were still awake.

Lights off, they traversed through the Tavern and slowly opened the front door to leave. There was some floor board creeks then and there but fortunately it wasn't loud enough to wake anyone up.

They quickly walked down the steps and began to run away far from the Tavern, running into the forest. Giggling, they looked at each other.

"We managed to escape, now it's just us." King exclaimed.

"Yeah, surprised the floorboards didn't wake Cap'n up." Ban beamed, his fangs greatly showing.

"Yeah...well why did you want me to follow you anyway?" King looked at him with a raised brow.

"No reason. I finally got to convince you though, old fart." Ban started to slow down.

As the two are now at walking speed, they could feel how quiet and mundane this forest really is at night. The only noises you could hear is the crickets and the owls hooting at random intervals.

"...You stupid idiot," King mumbled under his breath, "So you wanted me here for no reason? Ban! I could be having a great nights sleep!"

"Yeah, yeah whatever. I know you can't resist me anyways." Ban teased and yawned as he shoved his one hand into his pocket.

"Whatever..." King grumbled, "So you just wanted to hang out? Couldn't we have that done in the morning."

"Well—yeah, but i'd rather do it at night," Ban smirked and slowly got closer to King and whispered, "Because it's only just us."

King blushed and his brows furrowed. His covered half of his face into Chastiefol, "Okay...I see..."

Ban laughed, "You're so easy," Ban then began to look around, examining the forest. "I wonder what's here in this forest. Hey King, aren't you a forest Guardian, can you tell me what's in this forest?"

King looked at Ban and then around the forest, "Uhh, well obviously there's trees but if you want something more specific I think these are all mostly oak trees. There's also plants of all kinds that I'd rather not take my time to name right now. Lastly this forest might include some nocturnal creatures." King seemed to be focused but he then realized he might've been rambling too much and faced Ban, flushed. "Ah—I'm so sorry, didn't mean to keep rambling like that."

"Nah, it's fine, old fart." Ban smiled. Ban didn't want to admit but hearing this old fart talk felt calming in a way.

"Hey! Don't call me old fart!" King scowled, "But thanks for hearing me ramble like that." King sheepishly mumbled, hiding his mouth in the pillow so it was even more muffled.

"I'll call you whatever I want." Ban chuckled, "Anyway, you really do know a lot about the forest. I find that interesting."

"Well, yeah, no shit! I'm the Fairy King..."

"I know that you're the Fairy King!! Goddamn, King, I'm just trying to compliment you or something." Ban scowled.

King's eyes widened and he hid his face even more into Chastiefol. Ban was trying to compliment him?

"What the hell are you doing? You're not sleeping are you?"

"Why are you being suddenly nice..." King lifted his head from the pillow as he raised a brow and looked at Ban with suspicion.

"Can't a guy be nice, King? You don't trust me?" Ban pretended to feel hurt.

"Of course! I don't trust a thief like you!" King retorted.