07|• The colours of happiness

(there are colours in life and then there is happiness in colours)

Ruhi - 17 Yuvaan - 21

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Ruhi slowly opened the door knob and hesitantly walked outside in the hallway. Preparing herself to stop anyone who tried to apply her colours in her mind.

Today was the occasion of the holi festival, a day of colours and happiness where everyone plays with colours to bring some colour in their life. Holi is the festival which is celebrated all over India with happiness and zeal.

Everyone loves holi, except her. She hates holi and the colours especially.

Just like every action has a reason she also had a reason. When she was twelve someone applied a permanent colour on her face that does not leave completely even after a month. She remembers how much teasing and names she used to be called and it makes her hate the festival of holi.

She swore to never play holi after that day.

Ruhi nervously looked around the living room as she stood on the last stairs. She glanced at the table where the gulal was placed and clutched her pink pajama tightly in her hand, despising even the sight of it.

"Happpyyy holii, Ruhi beta. " Raghav came out of the kitchen while holding a plate of gujiya and wished her when she catches his sight.

"Happy holi baba. " She wished back with a forced smile, dreading what was coming for her.

"Idhar aao, tika lagwalo. "

Taking a deep breath she walked towards him, trying her best to not show him her bad mood. He put down the plate before opening the packet of gulal and touched it with middle finger before applying it in between her eyebrows.

She smiled before slightly touching the gulal in her finger and also applied to his forehead.

"Happy holi baba. " She wished once again before turning on her heels to walk back to her room and to hibernate in it until the day ends.

"Are humare sath bhi koi holi banalo!! " Ruhaan came inside the living room from the garden outside and shouted. Hearing him her step halted and turned back but seeing him, her heartbeat quickened. He was covered in different-different colours.

Iski holi toh subah hone ke pehle hi start ho gyi lagta h.

She thought as the scowl took over her face when he came near her and hold the gulal in his already coloured hands.

"Sirf tika lagana, agar jyada shanpatti ki toh tere khoon se holi khelungi me. " She gritted through her teeth as her eyes glared at him.

"Are tai bura na mano holi hai. " He said and applied the gulaal between her eyebrows and backed away putting the gulal back in its place.

The breath which was stuck in her throat came back to her as she sighed heavily. She was finally free now as her mother had already applied her tika in the morning.

"Happyyy holii!! " The door to living room opened in a bang making three of them flinch.

The relief that she felt just a moment ago once again suicided seeing Yuvaan and with him an another boy, Vidyut holding a big packet of gulal and smiling mischievously to her.

"Ajj toh tereko hum rang laga kar rahe- RUHI.... Ruhi rukk jaa. " Yuvaan shouted and ran towards the stairs to catch her but she had already reached her bedroom and locked it from inside.