XLIII

~~~

It's Jennie who drives Lisa to YG building, pulling the car inside the underground parking as the Thai asks to prevent the cameras catching them. It's not like they haven't been seen outside together ever since, but they still don't act as close in front of the cameras as they actually are. Well, the girls are yet to get back to the intimacy they'd had before everything falls apart. The engagement is still a thing holding them back because nobody has officially broken it. While Jennie's trying her best, she knows some things won't get settled just because she wants to, or just because she's in love with Lisa. She knows she'd shattered the girl too much that it's going to take a while, collecting pieces together again, if they make the same shape as before at all.

But it's a progress, having the permission to spend time with the one she's in love with, each second makes her more certain that she wouldn't want anything but what she has with Lisa. The Thai just makes her feel so loved that nobody has ever been able to do. Even though Lisa is still holding back, giving her cold feet at times or just pushing her away some days, Jennie can see the changes already happening, she can see how caring Lisa is towards her, and she knows once she gets the trust fully back, everything will be just like before, even more, with no deep dark secrets making a gap between them.

She pulls into the closest empty spot and parks her Porsche there, not turning it off since she's going straight to work after dropping off Lisa here.

The younger girl leans towards her and kisses her cheek soft and quick, pulling back too fast that Jennie can't even have her nerves calm at it. She can't help but letting her breath out with a slight disappointment, not saying anything though. She knows she deserves this.

"I may not be able to pick you up this afternoon." Jennie softly says. "It's seasonal update meeting, might take a while."

"Okay." Lisa nods. "Maybe I go to the Lee's with Chaeng. Call you, okay?"

"Okay." She reaches to take Lisa's hand in hers, not daring to kiss the girl on the lips the way she wants to. Lisa squeezes back. Most times when they have privacy, the taller girl lets her be as touchy as she wants to be, but when in public, it's not as easy. They're not strangers there, they're close, too close at times, but no intimate kisses are allowed yet. And Jennie fully understands. "I love you, Lisa." She whispers, making the latter look at her up in the eyes.

It's a bit tense between them, but Lisa eventually nods and pulls her hand out of Jennie's loose grip.

"See you later."

Jennie just watches Lisa disappearing in the elevator, she doesn't maneuver her car out of the parking spot until Lisa is gone.

The past week things haven't gotten even close to the way they were before, but at least she has Lisa to herself again, and for a while, it'll be just enough.

Lisa is enough.

~~~

Walking out of the conference room, Jennie spots her assistant approaching her in a rush. She was with her through most of the meeting, but then had to leave to take care of things, and right now, her expression doesn't look like someone who's dealt with things thoroughly.

She pushes her specs up the bridge of her nose as she continues to walk her path, not minding the girl too much, even though it's not every day people see Karina anxious. She almost always has control over situations, which is why it's weird now to see her like this.

It reminds Jennie of when the whole engagement thing was spilled out in front of Lisa the way she didn't see at all.

"Ms. Kim..."