Prologue - Jordan Hoffmoggen.

The last thing I felt was a bat hitting the back of my head and blacking out.

Then pain.

A lot of pain.

I woke up and there I was.

It was some sort of weird factory. I could see other sticks infront of me being given cybernetic parts and being modified in some... suffice to say, inhumane ways.

I turned around and saw her.

Mary-Rosa.

We broke up a year ago. I guess it wouldn't matter much as we were about to be turned into cyborgs to do... whatever.

What I didn't know was that we were meant to do different tasks.

She was sent to fight for war, meanwhile I was modified, programmed, and meant to be a simple training dummy. I was used to measure each of their strength. Every cyborg.

When I saw Mary, I was filled with some sort of anger, rage; hate, even.

I was disgusted at what these pathetic living beings made us for, and it seemed Mary did, too, because she didn't go for me. She went for the single-sided window keeping us from the scientists keeping track of everything.

Mary easily broke out, and I took this chance to go against my programming and book it out of there. I ran, and ran into the sea. I swam, and I was actually kinda surprised at the horsepower they gave me, considering I was just a "training dummy". It took about 30 minutes, but I found the other continent.

It took a bit, but I found myself in the dead forest, somewhere everyone told me not to go. But I was confident, and I found out I was a bit too confident in myself when I realized why everyone told me not to go to this very forest.