Chapter 01

"It's too tight, Mother. I think I'm going to die!" Was the first thing Cassiopeia said when her mother tied her corset for her. It was Cassie's eleventh birthday that day, the first of August. 

She had received her Hogwarts letter that morning and Cassie felt thrilled, but both her parents dismissed her eagerness by informing her that they would send one of their house elves to get her school supplies and books from Diagon Alley and they would send her along to get her robes and wand. 

Cassiopeia was currently in her room with her mother helping her get ready for the glorious ball that had been thrown for her, and she was currently having a hard time breathing in the tight corset her mother forced her to wear.

" Well, it's not my fault you ate those damned sweets yesterday, I told you not to eat them and what did you do? hm? You lied to me, Cassiopeia Caddel, and you ate them behind my back." Celeste hissed angrily as she pulled tighter on the corset making the little girl quietly wince in pain.

Cassie stayed quiet at her mother's comment. If she talked back right that second she would worsen her punishment which would most likely take place after the ball. About two hours later the huge hall of the Caddel mannor was getting louder and louder with buzzing and chattering and the sound of glasses and moving chairs along with the sound of tapping heels. The ball was grand and fancy filled with exquisite decorations. All the pureblood families were invited as usual as well as some ministry officials.

People stopped talking and moving as they stared at the eleven-year-old Caddel walked down the comparatively broad and handsome marble stairs leading into the hall where the ball was held. 

Cassiopeia had a magnificent long-sleeved dark green dress with a tight corset that hugged the body of the little girl and grew to above her ankles in a flowy manner. Her long luscious blonde hair was put up in an elegant knot that shone abnormally in the bright lights. Her matching equally dark green heels tapped loudly as she walked down the stairs with her head held high and a small graceful smile on her face.

After Cassiopeia formally greeted almost everyone and was now greeting one of the ministry officials, she felt a strong grip on her shoulder and saw it was her mother dragging her off.

"This is my little Cassiopeia, she just received her Hogwarts letter this morning actually, and we're all going to Diagon Alley tomorrow!" Celeste said formally with such fake enthusiasm. Cassie's eyes widened in excitement when her mother said that they would all go to Dagon Alley.

"We are?!" the little girl almost squealed but winced when her mother's grip on her shoulder tightened. Cassie realized she still hadn't greeted the woman. She was very beautiful, with defined angular features. She had high cheekbones, a pointed nose, and piercing black eyes that threatened to kill. Walburga Black.

"I'm very sorry Mrs.Black, where are my manners! It's very lovely seeing you here today, I'm delighted."

Cassiopeia heard a scoff and frowned upon seeing a small boy standing next to Walburga. He had long dark hair and piercing grey eyes. Sirius Black.

Walburga pinched her son. "My, my dear, you look beautiful." "You've done a brilliant job raising her, Celeste!" "This is my oldest, Sirius. Regulus would've loved to come but he is quite bed-sick at the moment." Walburga smiled at the tall woman.

"Hello," Cassie said shortly

 Cassie noticed Sirius at almost every gathering, what didn't surprise her though was the annoyed look on his face as he always had a scowl on his face at every gathering and looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but there, and her party was no exception. "hi,"