3. Secrets

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

FINN HAD BARELY GOTTEN BACK IN TIME. With approximately two minutes to spare before the fair shield maiden arrived.

"Finn," Hazel spoke as he arrived.

She had stood at the fore-front of his home where his mother regularly sold herbs.

She had some excitement in her eyes as soon as she spotted him.

"Hazel," He said slightly breathless as he approached her, his hands filled to the brim with Witch Hazel.

Her eyes widened at the amount of flowers in his arms.

"Oh dear- I can't afford all of those-" She spoke softly with worry in her eyes.

"It's free, for you," He said to her with a gentle grin.

She smiled and took the bouquet of flowers from his hands.

"These are lovely," She grinned out while taking a whiff of his gift.

The sent was earthy with a strong botanical aroma

The blooming shrubs giving a subtle glow to petals. With the scent drawing her further in.

They have hints of citrus, richer and spicier for the darker-shaded petals.

An annoyed voice rang out from behind the two. "They better be,"

Hazel was surprised by the intrusion and turned to spot the annoyed younger boy.

He was nearly as tall as Finn with similar facial features but he also had much darker hair.

"Finn forced his lovely brother -yours truly- into picking only the best flowers for his beloved, that he had only meet a few hours ago," Kol complained tragically.

The younger sibling then stepped forward. Putting out his hand for her to shake.

"I'm Kol, But you can call me your best future brother in law," The younger boy smiled cheekily at the two.

Finn smacked the back of Kol's head with a scowl.

"Hush Kol," He scolded lightly. The words feeling a bit foreign to him as Elijah had usually handled the discipline of their younger siblings.

"It's alright Finn, I think he's funny and kinda adorable like a baby crying for attention," Hazel teased him.

Kol looked appalled and frowned in a deep pout.

"She's mean. She'd probably get along with Elijah," He replied with a continuous pout.

Hazel shrugged at the boys with a small grin on her lips.

"Well... I suppose if I'm to marry you then we should get to know each other," Hazel jokingly replies while spinning around to walk away. Finn stares gaping at the retreating woman.

"Well go on then brother. What are you waiting for?" Kol jokes giving Finn a shove in the back.

Bringing the man out of his trance to stumble towards the enrapturing blonde woman.

"I- I- umm— what?" Finn asks while stumbling. Attempting to clear his throat to stop his anxieties though it seems to be hopeless.

Jogging to catch up with her and continuing to nearly trip and fall every few seconds till he reaches her side.

She lets out a loud laugh at his small stumble which makes him smile despite his own misfortune.

He really liked that she was loud, that she seemed blunt and straight to the point.