Rewarding them with two bottles of wine

It was just that, in the past, he gave into eunji and jennie too much. He had been too filial and overly prioritised his sister.

Looking at it from a different perspective, didn’t that also indicate that he had an extremely kind heart?

Whether he was actually kind or not, to jungkook, everything about taehyung was wonderful.

Jaewob saw that their supposed ‘trap’ had failed to anger jungkook, and even caused him to become happy. He immediately became angry.

“CEO Jeon, before you came, taehyung clearly said he liked me. Now he’s refusing to admit it again. Although you won’t acknowledge that I’m your cousin, as a member of the Jeon family, it’s my duty to remind you to be careful. He’s two-faced. He isn’t who you think he is!”

If taehyung wouldn’t comply with him, he also wouldn’t allow this chess piece of his to have a peaceful life!

“CEO Jeon, I’ve always been protective of my son.” eunji appeared to be both guilty and helpless.

“taehyung has mentioned to me repeatedly that he likes jaewon. I’ve also noticed him calling jaewon secretly at the Kim home. He cannot bear for jaewon to suffer the slightest harm. That is why, although I’m biased towards this son, I can’t lie to you. I feel that jaewon is speaking the truth.”

Upon hearing this, jungkook's face became grim.

Eunji saw this and assumed her words were effective.

Jaewon also secretly gave eunji an admiring look.

It was indeed a good idea to work with smart people like eunji.

In actuality, jungkook's expression had changed because he was unsatisfied with the way eunji was treating taehyung!

A hint of pain appeared in taehyung's composed gaze. “Mom, you’ve betrayed me to this extent, yet you have the face to say that you’re biased towards me. Is there any mother like you out there?!”

eunji spoke as though she was completely justified. “It’s precisely because I don’t want you to be so deceitful. That’s why I’m telling CEO Jeon the truth!”

“jungkook, my mom and jaewon are conspiring to slander me. Do you really believe them?” taehyung appeared hurt as he turned to look at jungkook.

Jungkook watched his expression and felt his frozen heart aching for him.

Because of his pain, his heart would ache.

“CEO Jeon, I’m taehyung's mom. I naturally won’t wrong him.” eunji's face was covered with tear marks. “It’s precisely because I love him that I can’t stand to watch him come up with lies after lies. I’m afraid if he goes any further, he won’t be able to bear the consequences of his actions. Lying to you is the same as asking for death. I also don’t have the guts to do it! Please don’t believe him...”

A corner of jungkook's lips lifted up in a cold smile. “Isn’t it easy to examine if taehyung actually likes jaewon or not?”

Immediately eunji chipped in. “To examine someone’s thoughts, wouldn’t you have to chop their brain open?”

She rushed to cover her mouth. “CEO Jeon, you can’t do that to our taehyung!”

Taehyung was speechless. His gaze toward eunji immediately turned cold. “Do you wish for me to die that badly?”

“What are you saying?” eunji would never admit to it. “I’m trying to stop CEO Jeon from hurting you. I’m trying to protect you!”

Taehyung smiled coldly. “Is that so? I thought you were trying to remind jungkook that he could break my brain open for a look.”