2. Black Mail & Black Berries

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

FINN HAD IN FACT BEEN ABLE TO THINK UP SOME BLACKMAIL. It was proving to be worth the work to memorize such embarrassing events that Kol didn't want others to hear about.

So he and Kol had currently set foot in what their community had deemed the Black Forest.

Since the sun seemed to set much more quicker than usual once someone set foot into that place.

Cloaking the shadowy woodland in obscurity beside all the tall and mighty white oak trees.

Their pale bark becoming a strange shade of grey in the surrounding darkness.

Where the dense canopy obscures even the faintest glimmer of light, casting an eerie atmosphere of mystery and foreboding.

Kol grumbled begrudgingly as he searched for Witch Hazel among the forests natural resources.

The large and towering white oak trees standing as lofty silent sentinels, their branches reaching skyward like outstretched arms.

While the wallowing sun casts elongated shadows that slowly engulfed their mighty trunks.

Annoying Kol greatly as he struggled to see through the piecing shadows.

As daylight wanes, the once vibrant leaves now appear dappled in fading light, painting the forest floor with patches of twilight, as the ancient oaks become enshrouded in the embrace of encroaching darkness.

"Finn this is impossible!" Kol grumbles to his elder brother.

"No it's not, just keep searching," Finn chastised simply while holding many pieces of witch Hazel in his hands.

Enduring the small cuts that littered his fingers due to scavenging through prickly thorns.

The barely noticeable cuts displaying his devotion to this wondrous woman he wanted to know better.

Kol rolled his eyes at his love stuck brother's ridiculous behavior.

"You're acting like a moth that's never seen the light before," Kol scoffed out.

"I am a moth that's never seen the light before. And she is the light," Finn reply's smoothly. Carefully picking more Witch Hazel.

"Ugh! Don't turn my insult into lovey dovey, mushy junk," Kol groans out in pure aggravation & a look of disgust.

"Not my fault that I'm creative," Finn shrugs his younger brothers words off.

"Yes. It literally is," Kol deadpans in annoyance. His own hands also littered with cuts though he bore his much less elegantly.

In the sense that he was going to complain about them every two minutes to Finn.

"Shhh," Finn hushes his brother.

"Why? You're not my father?" Kol challenged.

"You're right but I am your older brother who knows that you don't want anyone to know about when you fell into the river with some of mothers herbs and turned yourself-" Finn shot back just as heated tone of voice.

Though his face and body were much more controlled as he maintained his grip on sanity.

He would never lose his control over something so trivial. That seemed like something his father would do and he refused to become Mikael.