Mother

“Exactly. He’s too disgusting. Only that jungkook could be blind enough to treasure him!” This had been his second sister’s voice.

“he’s really a pile of trash, a complete waste of space!” eunji's tone had been vicious. However, she had been alert and quickly noticed taehyung's presence.

Taehyung recalled how he was completely dumbstruck at that moment.

He had always loved his mother and second sister deeply. To think that they would talk about him in this manner.

“Mom, it turns out that in your heart, I’m trash and a waste of space!” At the time, he had raged in heartache. “Don’t forget though that all the power and wealth that you own today, was given by me.”

“Tsk. What do you have to do with the Kim family’s power? Stop putting on airs. You know better than anyone how useless you are. If I were you, I would already have killed myself.” jennie had been unapologetic after being seen through. Instead, she mocked him further.

At the time, his mother’s usually warm expression had also turned cold. She did not say a single word to comfort him.

In fact, she had told him that a married man was akin to water that had been splashed onto the ground. His life and death was unrelated to the Kim family henceforth.

By then, jungkook was no longer giving him much, due to his fear of him giving it away to his mother and second sister. Eunji could no longer obtain any benefits from him and was uninterested in maintaining the facade of loving him.

Afterwards, he did not stay in the Kim home and returned to the Jeon Villa.

In his misery, he had learned that, when he was at his wit’s end, the only person he could still rely on was, jungkook.

Taehyung returned to the present and pushed eunji away. “Don’t hug me. The Commander will laugh at us.”

Since the moment eunji entered, she had noticed jungkook seated on the sofa.

Although she had pretended to be warm towards taehyung, she could not be bothered to hold him.

She had only forced herself to do so to put on a show of ‘deep feelings between mother and son’ for the Commander.

This was to encourage him to care more for the Kim family.

“It’s true.” A loving expression appeared on eunji's face. “Our tae is already nineteen years old, yet he seems like a child that won’t grow up.”

Her performance depicted a loving mother that doted on taehyung to the extreme.

Eunji glanced at jungkook who was reading a newspaper.

She was his future mother-in-law. No matter what, he still needed to stand up and greet her, didn’t he?

However, jungkook was a cold and ruthless man and his actions never fulfilled anyone’s expectations.

With his position and status, even the president had to give in to him, much less a future mother-in-law.

Even after twenty seconds, he still did not move.

Eunji could only walk up to him. “jungkook, ah, I didn’t expect you to still be awake at this time.”

She had called his name intimately to remove the distance between them.

In reaction, jungkook furrowed his brows slightly. His gaze shifted towards taehyung, as though to give him face. But he did not say a single word in response.

Without taehyung, it would have been impossible for eunji to enter the Jeon Villa.

Eunji ignored his reaction and said warmly, “jungkook, our taehyung has been a guest in your Jeon Villa and has disturbed you for so many days. It must have been a great inconvenience.”