It's nearly time

Radhika listened closely to whatever Rohan was saying from the other side of the phone. But their conversation was cut short because he had to board the plane then. Radhika looked at the picture of two familiar figures. Had she known the boy would develop such feelings, she wouldn't have let Vaishnavi go there. 

The only thing she knew was that Vaishnavi's friends got her drunk, so she doesn't remember what happened. She couldn't afford to let any of her grandchildren suffer, though she was the one who instilled the initial trauma in them.

"We'll have to announce about the engagement now. I won't let Anushka suffer because of some initial foolish feelings." Radhika muttered to herself. But unknown to her, the feelings weren't initial but flourished over the period.

=======

"Rohan, when are we going to return to Rajasthan? It's been over three years since we came to Mumbai." Vaishnavi asked as her head lay on Rohan's shoulder. He gently and lovingly held her hand as the girl fell silent and stared into nothingness.

"Soon enough." He replied, even though it was unknown to him also. He gently kissed Vaishnavi's forehead as he sensed her falling asleep again. 

"I'll not allow anyone to take or harm you anymore. You may have forgotten, but I can't forget what happened to you two years ago." Rohan muttered as he hugged Vaishnavi's sleeping figure as if saving her from an unknown danger. It was about time they reached the Rathore mansion.

=========

"You found her? How?" Tamasia asked the person before her as she stood up from her throne, walking towards her beloved elder son. 

"Now I can finally watch her suffer the way she made you, for her." She said as she gently kissed his forehead.

"Mother, it's not her who I want to see suffer." He held her hands, trying to make her listen to his talks first.

"Then who, dear." She asked as she walked him towards the giant bed. They sat on the edge of the mattress as he continued, "Vivaan. I want him to suffer."

"Sure. Anyone who bothers you bothers me." Tamasia said as she smiled at her son.

Anyone who would see her would forget how cunning she was. Because the image of her before her children is the same as that of any mother who loves their child.

======

Rohan looked at the reflection of his sister on his phone screen as she slept calmly on his shoulder and holding his arm. Although she did not have any memory of anything that happened during the kidnapping, some random memories haunted her. 

Rohan smiled as she stirred in her sleep. But as they reached the front gates of Rathore mansion, his smile faded. 

Soon, they were in front of the building, awaiting their presence. But Rohan didn't want to wake up Vaishnavi. Instead, he picked her up and went directly to her room. 

Miss Anne wanted to say something but restrained herself. She had known it all. The sudden change in Rohan's attitude was not something every day. 

Rohan tucked Vaishnavi into a comfortable position and went from there. 

=======

Aayush saw that Rohan didn't let anyone come near Vaishnavi and went straight to the car. Although it wasn't clear who told the paparazzi their location, it nearly happened every day. 

He left along with the other students. He wished that there wasn't this status difference between them. Then, it would have been a lot easier to pursue Vaishnavi than it already was. 

Somehow, the difference had started to show more often than when they were in school. He sighed and decided to go along with God's plan, whatever it was. 

"Only if." These words always stuck between them regardless of the situation. She didn't do that on purpose, but Rohan seemed indifferent. 

=======

"I think we should announce it," Radhika said as Anuradha sipped her tea. Both best friends wanted to get their children married, but given the circumstances, it didn't happen. Now, both of them want to get their grandchildren married. 

"Hmm. I think Navratri is the best occasion. Given the auspicious timing, the goddess will bless their relationship. Also, the children are coming back to Jodhpur this month." Anuradha said as she looked at Radhika for some advice if needed.

"I think it's perfect to do that only," Radhika said as she didn't disclose that Vivaan seemed to have forged some feelings for Vaishnavi. Surely, Vaishnavi didn't know about it yet, but it wasn't long before she did.

=====

"What do you think we should do to cancel this whatsoever thing? I couldn't possibly just get engaged to a person I don't like." Vivaan was asking for some suggestions from the fairies. 

"If we see, it was done when you were still a kid. But it wasn't you that the actual son of Rajputs was engaged. What if you just come back, and the real son goes back?" Aria suggested. It was fair, though, unlike the youngest daughter of Rathores, who was dead in reality, the actual son of Rajputs was still alive and under the protection of fairies. 

If he went back and the fairy of memories molded a story in everyone's head, Varun wouldn't have to marry Anushka. 

"Varun, she is right." Shobha, the head of fairies, added. 

"I prefer Vivaan. Come to think of it, I don't like either of the names that much." Varun said as he fell into thoughts. "How about I change it?" Varun voiced his suggestion, to which the people in the chamber sighed and shook their heads at his idea.

 "Vivaan would be better," Shourya said as he entered the room, and Vivaan stood up immediately. After all, he had to maintain his good image in front of her parents. 

"Greetings, Rajaji." Vivaan, with adjoined hands and a slightly bowed posture, greeted Shourya. But Shourya, as usual, ignored him. He can't have the person be so happy so soon. At least, not unless his daughter comes back to him. 

"Shobha, I think we should head back. She doesn't seem alright." Shourya and Shobha went from there, leaving Maximus and Aria with Vivaan.

 "I would stick with Vivaan then," Vivaan said as a smile formed its way up to his lips. At least he tried a little to make Isha's father talk about him.

"What are you going to do now?" Maximus asked as he saw Vivaan go crazy over the small achievement.

"I think we should send the actual son back." Vivaan said as he pondered over some other thoughts and then added, "And when Vaishnavi chooses a university, I would just be there." 

"I will talk about this with Shobha and Abhay," Aria said but added, "I think we would tell Vaishnavi about her true self before she goes to the university." 

"I think that would be after her eighteenth birthday," Maximus stated. He was eagerly waiting for the instant when she would meet them and her family. He was worried about one thing, his experience told him; she would probably not accept the fact that readily.

And just as worried, the moment finally came. But one thing seemed unfit in place.