Beautiful But Deadly

Warning:

Posted: May 19, 2011

Author: LaLaLandy

If there is an copying of this story consequences could lead to prison and fines. DO NOT COPY!

If you want to make a story like mine, ask, and if I say yes or no, deal with it.

...

Chapter 1:

My eyes locked on the girl that was in line in front of me. I waited outside the white iron gates of Alan Academy for The Gifted. She had blonde hair and green eyes the color of grass. She looked like an Aphrodite, but she could've been any of the God's children. Now adays, it was hard to tell until you actually met the halfblood.

I decided to ignore her twitching, looking around her to the white palace I called school. There wre around 100 half bloods who lived around here, and they were all in line waiting to be classified and approved.

I sighed, and looked behind me. That was when I got scared and confused.

My blonde hair was up in a clip only two second ago, but as I turned, it hit my in the face like it was down and over my shoulders.

There were no long fifty people behind me, there was just a grey empty road with houses lining it. Leaves blew and trees swayed.

"What the hell?" I whispered, turning fully.

One of my hot neighbours, Dylan, came out of my house carrying two clear body bags. I recognized the two people in them as my twin siblings, Lilian and Greylyn. They're little faces were bloodied up and beaten, but the look on Dylan's face told me he didn't touch them. He just discovered them.

I let out a cry, but as much as wanted to run to them, I was stuck in place. I looked down to my feet, only to see I had none.

Falling to the gravel of the pathway that led to the school, I cry out again. My hands and knees scraped against it, and I lifted my hand shakily. My bracelet given to me by my mother, Athena, was gone.

"Looking for this?" A raspy voice asked.

I looked up. It was the girl who was in front of me in line. Her face was covered in dirt and blood, and her eyes were empty sockets. She held my bracelet.

Behind her, it was like the roles were reversed. Lilian and Greylyn were there, glaring at me, holding a beaten Dylan in their arms.

The girl flashed back and forth in my vision before disappearing completely.

...

"Qwentin! Qwentin wake up!"

I sat up quickly, my hand immediately going to my wrist. I let out a sigh of relief. My braided gold bracelet was on my wrist.

It was just a dream.

I fell back on the pillows in content.

"Wen, can you please put your pegesi away?" I was afraid to look up at Greylyn's voice.

After a few seconds, she came into my line of vision and I flinched. She was fine.

I sat up again. "Sure, Grey. Why shouldn't I if you were the one riding her?"

"Please, Wen." Grey pleaded. "You know she listens to you best." As the only half blood in the house, I had a way with pegesi. "And the Landon's are getting suspicious at the noise."

The Landon's were our neighbours who had five totally hot sons. And a stuck up daughter.

"Fine." I sighed. "But you have to bring my laundry up."

"Done." Grey looked relieved. "Tanti was about to claw me up!"

I got out in my spandex shorts and tee shirt, rushing down the stairs and through the kitchen to the back door.

"I got a call from school, Honey." My step-mom told me, placing the pancake mix on the counter. I stopped rushing to listen.

My step mom, Dana, was 4 years younger than my dad's 40. She had pretty brown hair and blue eyes. She was no taller than me, 5'6, and was my size, too. As much as I loved being the daughter of Athena, Dana was definitely a good back up.

"You have to be signed in by 10. Classes start 10:30 today, got it?"

I nodded, and headed out.

"Tanti!" I called into the trees behind out house. I whispered more than called, as people into our neighbourhood had weirdly good hearing."Tanti, come here."

A growl snapped my attention over to the shed, where a black horse, with wings, was lying down. Her wings were just covered by the roof. My older half-brother, Jake, was there, trying to steal his basketball that was under her hoof.

"Tell your freak of nature to give my my ball back!" Jake glared at me.

"No." I said, incredulously. I grabbed the ball, easily able to get near her without her growling, and threw it into the Landon's yard. "You want it, get it your self."

I saw the head of Cole Landon, Jake's friend and the hottest of the boys, over the fence. I quickly cursed and ignored the name Jake called me, taking a few of Tanti's hairs in my hand to tell her it was urgent and she needed to get up.

I steered her into the woods and to her stable.

...

After getting changed and watching my last and littlest half sibling, Luke, get on the bus for his first day of school, I went back to get my atuff and say goodbye to my dad.

I knocked on the door of his study. "Dad?"

He looked up and smiled. "Hey, Lil Lady."

I smiled and sat down in one of the chairs behind his desk. "I was just coming to tell you that I was gonna leave for school." I akwardly added the next part. "I can say hi to mom for you if you want. They're always around the first day of school."

"The Gods are around everyday of school, Qwentin." My dad told me sternly. "Don't forget that."

I resisted the earge to roll my eyes at the 'they are always watching' input.

"It's okay, Wen. I'm sure I'll see her around town or something soon."

He was right. The gods walked around all the time. They even got their kids in trouble for it, sometimes.

"Okay, well, I'll see ya after school."

As I turned to leave, my dad called me back. "Yeah?" I asked, leaning against the opened door.

"Have fun, okay? I want you to know it's an honour to have you in the family. Oh, and try not to get that dragon class again this year, okay? We don't need another forest fire."