XXXV

Don't forget to stream "Spot". Jennie is so coming back💥💥💥

~~~

"I'm really sorry, Chu. But we have to rain check tonight. There's an emergency." She whispers in her phone, feeling bad already to have to cancel on her girlfriend even though she's been waiting for their weekend date for the whole week now.

"Is everything okay?" Jisoo asks, getting in her caring character. It makes Chaeyoung feel worse about having to reschedule the date. Jisoo is always too caring, though she usually chooses to hide it under layers of sarcasm and sass. "Do you need me to come over?"

Honestly, if it were up to her, Chaeyoung would've said yes without a second thought. But considering the last time she saw Lisa; she doesn't think having one of the Kim cousins around her would be a good idea at the moment. She should talk to Lisa first.

Speaking of, Ten told her this morning that Lisa is in a hospital, but he didn't spill much of details, he just said Lisa is okay but she's a bit injured. Chaeyoung has tried her best not to worry, but it's not easy, knowing how much clumsy Lisa can get.

And she feels guilty for not locking the hotel door from the inside and hiding the key. She should've stopped Lisa from leaving but she was too out of it to actually notice the bed moving.

"Jagi?" Jisoo's voice takes her out of trance.

"Sorry!" Chaeyoung answers quickly. "N-no! No need. I go there alone. But... I'll call you, okay? Don't worry, Sooya!"

"How can I not?" The actress sighs. "I know this is something serious."

"I'll tell you everything soon. I-..."

"Rosé, time to go." Her manager interrupts her from finishing her words, Chaeyoung sighs tiredly.

"Yeah, okay." She acknowledges her and goes back to the call again. "I'm sorry, I need to go. Will call you later, okay, Chu?"

"I love you."

"I love you too." She ends the call and runs to her car waiting for her. Her manager, Jane, is going to be there with her to the hospital to help her go in without blowing up her covers.

The last thing she needs is to get on the newspaper front pages.

"Start changing, Chaeng. Cover your hair. People spot you just by this braid!" Jane gives her a side glance and signals the drivers to move.

Chaeyoung smiles at her attempt to joke, her manager isn't really a funny person. She ties her blonde locks and then traps them in a big black beanie, wears her shades and gets her mask ready. That's a hospital, people go there to get treated, if nothing goes wrong, no one is looking close enough at others to find out if there's a celebrity in the building. People have much more important things to worry about.

~~~

Her brain locates room 307 before her eyes can see it, and Chaeyoung runs to it like some invisible pull is between her and the room. Before she can rush in, Jane holds her arm, stopping her on her track.

"I'm gonna go get you guys something to eat. What do you want?"

After a moment of thinking, Chaeyoung answers with Lisa's favorite Italian dish and chocolate dessert. She thinks maybe this can cheer her up a bit. After that, Jane leaves her alone to see her best friend.

Her hand lingers on the doorknob for a while, afraid of what might be waiting for her behind that door. She doesn't really know what has happened to Lisa in the past couple of days. Chaeyoung knows whatever that is, it probably has something to do with Jennie, she remembers Lisa's words. Things get even more confusing for her; she can't just believe her own mind to think Jennie has cheated on Lisa.