Chapter 58

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚞𝚜 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚒𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜. 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎.

 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎

Teegan's POV

Silas whined in the arms of Antonio, and I felt my throat close up slightly as he cradled my baby further in his arms

Silas whined in the arms of Antonio, and I felt my throat close up slightly as he cradled my baby further in his arms. I felt frozen. I couldn't move. Time had essentially stood still, and my hands were growing clammy by the second.

" Don't cry, little one.. it'll be over soon.. " He whispered, and I could feel my blood pumping as my eyes stayed trained on him.

"W-whatever you want.. we'll give it to you.. " I whispered, and he shook his head.

" My daughter-in-law.. I'm simply here to visit my son and his family- "

" Please.. " I cut him off as tears came to my eyes, and his eyes darkened slightly. I was absolutely petrified. If I'd previously thought Levi was terrifying, I would admit that his father struck a different kind of fear within me. Especially as he held my baby in a tender caress, yet his eyes were absolutely murderous.

" I told you.. you weren't cut out for a lifestyle such as this. You decided to stay.. you stuck it through.. and now you bear the consequences. You made him go soft. You made him change. You made him kill me. " He muttered, and my eyes widened slightly, and he narrowed his eyes at me.

" That is why you are so afraid, isn't it? What, you didn't know? While you two were on your sorry excuse of a break four years ago, his therapist pushed him to get rid of what made him the way he was.. to get rid of me. He was almost successful.. and it was amusing to let him think it for a while.. but if you're going to set a bomb in someone's car.. make sure that they're the one that's going to drive it.. otherwise, the situation will get messy for everyone involved. " He chuckled humorlessly, and I cleared my throat softly as I spoke.

" H-how did you find us.. " I whispered, and he shrugged.

" Well, it wasn't hard, sweetheart.. but I will say, getting this close to you was a challenge with Levi's security measures to ensure you're kept safe... but I found a weakness.. one that put me right inside the walls of your home.. " He muttered, and I gulped softly as he walked over to Silas's closet door. Upon opening, I gasped in horror as a body fell out and was surrounded by diapers and baby clothes that were now covered in his blood. Looking at the man, I could barely even breathe or speak. The closer I looked, however, the more I began to hyperventilate.