Updated Preface (2024)

New Kid is a novel originally begun in June 03, 2020 when I was 14. I took a hiatus in 2022-2023, returning once in a while to try continuing the story, before returning in February of 2024 to completely rewrite it. Now, with additional years of writing experience, the goal is to finish before I graduate college: 2027. As of February 21, 2024, I have all the chapter summaries figured out, with a clear direction of where the story will be heading. The only thing to do is to write. 

As of now, the Wattpad version of this novel will continue to display the original 9 chapters as they were. I will change the chapters once I get 10 chapters fully written, edited, and ready to go.

What changes will have been made since I originally published the first 9 chapters? The setting was originally Japan. The story was based on a collection of experiences living there. It's merely inspired now. Nothing in the story actually happened. The entire second half of the story is a completely different direction from the original plan. I erased several characters to prevent overcrowding in the narrative and so I could flesh out the other characters more. I also renamed them.

Thank you for taking a chance on this story. I hope you enjoy the new 10 chapters (coming sometime in 2024-2025).