Majorelle Bleus [HIATUS]

Hello! I'm new here, and this is my first idea for an original story. Tell me what you think? :) I'm planning to make it into a longer stories with more chapters after I get the inspiration to write them.

~

Bright red patent Pradas clacked harshly against the hard marble floor. A large black hat shielded her face from the blatant staring of the onlookers as the lady quickly made her way across the lobby and into the lift.

Stepping out at the top floor, she took a deep breath before squaring her shoulders and walking towards the presidential suite. She had barely raised her hand to knock before the door opened.

'He is waiting for you.' The man at the door gestured, offering to take her coat. Eyes darting from the man to the room he was gesturing at, the lady politely declined his offer, pulling her coat tighter around her as she walked into the suite.

"Eloise, qu'elle surprise!" The man sitting at the table swivelled around in his chair and cried heartlity upon her arrival. 

"You knew I was coming Johannes. Cut the crap." Eloise accused. Just as she'd predicted, her heart flipped and her stomach tightened as she surveyed the man before her. She couldn't decided whether or not it was a good feeling.

"Now now, I haven't even attempted to anger you yet." Johannes smirked as he leaned back in his chair. Ah, Eloise, Ever the firecracker. And beautiful as always, he mused as he watched her impassive face twitch slightly.

"You summoned?" Keeping her face void of emotion, she looked pointedly at him, ignoring his previous statement.

"Sit."

After a moments' hesitation, Eloise sat down stiffly in the chair, not breaking eye contact with the man across the desk.

His smile faltered as he felt her glare at him. Sighing, he sat up straighter and pulled himself closer to the desk, placing his elbows on it and clasping his hands.

"I didn't call you here to play games with you, Eloise. It's time we talked about HER future."

"She will know nothing about it." Eloise spat, loosing her calm demeanour. Her head was spinning. She just knew he would bring this up. And she had prepared her argument. "She is just a child. I will not expose her to this world. This world has nothing to do with her! I want her to live a normal life. I can have it arranged for by myself. You don't need to be concerned. You will never need to see her, hear her, or know her."

The man contemplated the woman before him, his face darkening. "We've discussed this before, Eloise. The prophecy."

Eloise trembled, both out of fear and rage. "I do not believe in the prophecy. I will not let her be involved in this... In this MADNESS! I was stupid enough to choose this path in the past, but this time I won't give her a choice, she'll stay safe if I just make it for her. She will stay in the human world."

SLAM! Her eyes widened as the man stood up, slamming his fist into the table. A deep purple aura had started to flash around his body as he looked back at her coldly, all traces of the initial joviality gone. "You DARE go against the prophecy? You were brought into the world because of the prophecy, and you know that so was she. She wasn't born normal. She is bound with duty! How can you be so selfish as to want to pull her away from her people just to keep her 'safe'? How safe will she be? You know very well yourself that the human world is just as unfamiliar and dangerous as our own. You can choose to leave our world. But how can you rob us of our lifesource? The prophecy never stated her direct involvement, yes, but it stated her presence. She is one of us. You can't deny that."

Eloise winced, her heart beating rapidly as his voice, full of authority, rung through her head, seeping into her soul. No, she couldn't cave in. No, it was her baby they were talking about. She wouldn't allow her baby to suffer.

 As if hearing hear thoughts, the man spoke again. "When will you wake up, Eloise?! This isn't about you! Or her! It's about the survival of all of us! Will you let your selfishness perish us all?"

 Will you let your selfishness perish us all?

 Sinking into her seat, Eloise broke down. Tears poured uncontrollably down her face as she held her head in both hands and repeatedly shook it. No. This was not what she wanted. She didn't want to sacrifice her daughter. She didn't even know what role her daughter would play! No one did. But the prophecy, if ignored, would come true. Everyone knew this. Oh God please help me, she prayed as she rocked herself back and forth in her seat, trying to gain a hold on herself. She had to submit. Her strong resolve had crumbled. Service over self.

Warm arm came around her shoulders and squeezed her tightly. Clutching onto his sleeve desperately, for the first time in her life, Eloise cried her heart out.

"It'll be okay. It'll be okay. I'll make sure of it." He promised, stroking her hair. It saddened him to see her normally strong self become like this. But he had no choice, the council had spoken. The prophecy had spoken. And he'd do his damned best to make sure that the girl would be safe while fulfilling it. It was, a large part, his fault as well.

~

"N-no! Stop! No! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I SAID I'M SORRY LET ME DOWNNNNNNNNNNNN!" The cries of the boy escalated as he was hauled up onto the monkey bars and left dangling by his shoelaces.

"Paix! Stop this this instant, young lady! Why are you torturing that poor boy?" Mrs Redhill shouted, storming across the field.

"He insulted Candice. And her family. And he hit her." Paix stood unmoving, glaring at the boy struggling on the monkey bars above her. Soft murmurs of agreement sounded around the crowd that had gathered, but most of the kids were too awed and too scared to make a sound.

Mrs Redhill had had such a shock when she watched Paix pull Diggory up the monkey bars by his legs and hung him up there. No teenage girl should have the strength to do that. Maybe she really was the devil's child, she joked to herself.

All the teachers said that same thing about the girl. Angsty, quiet, prone to outbursts, seemed like she was living in a world of her own. Nobody seemed to understand her, and she didn't bother opening up to anybody. She was brilliant, no doubt, nothing less than an A for all examinations. But she always had that... Bored look on her face. It was like she couldn't be bothered to care about anything.

Shaking the thoughts out of her head, Mrs Redhill made several boys help Diggory down and sighed. "I'm afraid I'll have to call your parents. Nothing funny from you two anymore, understand me?" Pointing a finger threateningly at them, she recoiled from the intense look on Paix's face. Slightly disturbed, she made her way towards the front office to contact the parents.

Diggory cowered behind his 'leader', Jake. Also known as 'head jock' or even better, as 'ultimate playboy'. He had all the girls swooning for him and all the guys falling at his feet to worship him. 

"Paix, isn't it. I knew you were a freak. Bet you won't do anything when the teacher told you not to, eh. Such a wuss." Jake sneered as he scrutinised the girl before him. She had her dark hair hiding most of her face, and clothes that fit her normally, unlike the cheerleader girls who were constantly prancing around in too-small outfits that squeezed every part of their bodies possible. Her strength when torturing Diggory had piqued his interest.

"Say that again." Paix said.

"I said, wus-"

Before he could complete his sentence, Paix had landed a solid punch in his stomach, pushing him several metres backwards. Stumbling and falling heavily onto his back, Jake groaned in pain. The crowd gasped. Several cheerleaders even started to cry. 

"Don't call me a wuss, bastard." She said emotionlessly, watching as he rolled over and tried to stand.

"You're... You're... Sexy." Diggory smirked, still clutching his middle.

Her eyes widened in shock. "Wha-?"

Before she could react, he had moved forward in 2 quick strides and pushed his lips onto hers.

~