CH.2

CHAPTER 2:
YZARIYA'S POV

++++

3 months later...

I didn't find it hard to adjust to the main house because aside from having the freedom to move around, the household maids are also kind. They assist me in things I find challenging or offer to guide me around the entire mansion to familiarize myself with its ins and outs at magamay ko ang pasikot-sikot do'n.

Gradually, the pain and longing I felt for my Dad's loss are fading away. My heart is healing and I've come to accept his departure from this world. Although there are still times when I miss him, hindi na naman yung tipong iiyak ako sa pangungulila.

Even though I can't leave the mansion, I keep myself busy with activities like cooking, baking, and gardening para labanan ang pagkabagot. Grandpa doesn't restrict me from doing anything, and in fact, he gave permission to the maids to teach me about household tasks which I enjoy learning.

I willingly cooperate with their requests that's why within a few months, I've bonded with everyone.

Except sa mga tauhan ni lolo at sa butler n'ya.

While I enjoy various activities, there's always this feeling that someone is watching my every move. And it's not just that. I've also noticed their tight security around me, making me feel like I'm being treated as if I were a criminal. There are always vigilant men in black everywhere whether I'm inside or outside the mansion and I sense that there are more hidden within.

Minsan nga pakiramdam ko ay sinasadya nila na magtago para hindi ako ma-intimidate sa kanilang presenya.

At ipinagpapasalamat ko 'yon.

I'm scared because of their appearance that is unsettling and emotionless. All of grandpa's men have these uncomfortable expressions na nakakapigil hininga. Each of them screams ruthlessness. They all look dangerous idagdag pa na may mga hawak silang armas.

I've discussed this with Grandpa. I ask him to remove his men that are guarding me since I'm inside the mansion anyway. But instead of answering me, I saw a dark expression in his eyes that I've never seen before.

From that moment, I knew my request was forbidden at hindi ko na pwedeng ipagpilitan pa.

Kung hindi ko s'ya kilala ay aakalain kong ibang tao s'ya sa itsura n'yang 'yon. It was my first time seeing my grandfather in that expression. Doon pa lang, alam ko nang may kakaiba sa kan'ya.

"...and that's our lesson for today. You may now dismiss."

Kung hindi pa nagsalita ang adviser namin ay hindi ko mamamalayang kanina pa pala akong nakatulala. As my classmates stood up, I followed suit.

"Goodbye Miss, see you tomorrow!"

We said in unison. Once our adviser left, chaos erupted in the room. Some were chatting with their friends, planning where to go habang ang iba naman ay nagsisipag-uwian na.

I'm in 5th grade, and I don't have a single friend. Despite being approachable, it feels like my classmates avoid me. They hesitate to interact even when I make the first move. Pansin ko naman na gusto nila akong makausap at maging kaibigan pero para bang may pumipigil sa kanila na gawin 'yon.

Even the teachers and parents also keep their distance to me, seeming reluctant to connect with me.

It's as if they know something I don't.

"Your face could be used as a hanger, princess," Yev remarked nang mapansin na bahagya akong nakasimangot.

Yevgen, my driver who brought me to the main house, is the only one among my grandpa's men whom I find somewhat comfortable with. Maybe because he has a playful nature. Pero hindi naman maitatago nito ang pagiging ruthless n'ya.