Befriending Your Killer

Some notes from me, ya boi (NO THIS ISN'T A SPOILER SUP-LOVE)

Okay this is going to be confusing, but hear me out: If you read the summary you're probably like "How can THIS Gon/Killua exist in the same universe as the OTHER Gon/Killua from Speak of the Devil?" and that's because I'm taking a lot of liberties. Speak of the Devil Gon/Killua will only be referenced in terms of "the other Zoldyck sibling/brother/etc and his weird boytoy" HAHAHHAHA SO THEY STILL EXIST. EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN SPEAK OF THE DEVIL ALSO HAPPENED HERE.

Speak of the Devil = 1987
Death's Door = 1992ish

There's also a book somewhere in between there that I'm probably not gonna write but I'm also not going to spoil it for you but it involves Alluka's life at uni dealing with the death of Zeno, reconnecting with Illumi and SotD!Killua, etc etc learning about the Princes of Hell. Basically you can infer everything that happens there based on how Alluka behaves here. Death's Door Killua does NOT know ANYTHING that went on in SotD OR Alluka's nonexistent fic.

Also I hope yall liked Critical Hit Killua cuz that nuclear mountain dew piece of shit is really being summoned here.

˗ˏˋ Enjoyyyy ˎˊ˗

When Gon decided to walk a lady's groceries down the stairs to the store's parking garage, he didn't anticipate losing track of time. He certainly didn't anticipate dying.

It started by walking the old lady to her driver's side door and then stepping back just out of view to wave farewell after she backed out. Only, just as she inched a foot out of her spot, a Buick was pushing thirty down the ramp—

—right in their direction.

"Oh, shit," Gon said, waving through the side mirrors, but the lady was looking over her shoulder.

He stepped behind the trunk and into her view. She braked hard, but the car careening down the ramp didn't have the time to. Her side mirror clipped Gon in the back of the head.

That would have been bad enough, he figured, but he was already unconscious for the collapse forward, chin cracking on the back bumper of the lady's car, before he ever hit the ground.

In the blink of an eye, he was gone.

And then, just as swiftly, he was wide awake again before anyone ever left their driver's seats.

The Buick had screeched to a halt a few cars down, parked, and the driver was rushing around the trunk to where Gon was on the ground pushing onto his side. He rubbed his chin, dazed, but the wind was knocked out of him and he was getting dizzier by the second. Heat blossomed in his mouth as the old lady from the grocery store shuffled up to him.

"Oh Heavens—Are you all right?" the lady asked.

Gon struggled to swallow. There was something dense in his mouth and, parting his lips to speak, he was met with screams from both women standing over him. "My mouf feels fu-y," he said.

Heat dribbled past his chin. It dripped dark on the pavement but noticeably red.

"W-We should call an ambulance," the Buick driver said.

That got Gon's attention. Hand braced on the bumper, he pushed up. Both ladies tried to stop him. "Don't," he said, but they both looked like they were on the brink of fainting just by the sound of him. He tried to catch the blood, cupping a hand over his mouth. "'M fine."