Volume 1 Chapter 7: The Ring of Gluttony?

Previously:
Kalego walked into the infirmary only to see Blushenko Buer. He glanced over only to see his daughter being carried by Kalego. He rushed over asking all kinds of questions, panicked. He laid her down on the bed. Only for her to wake up in and out of consciousness. “Saburo, look out!” She reached out quickly before passing out again. Kalego explained what he was told. The grim expression of his coworker peaked his interest. “That's not good. She must have been overloaded with so much pain, she short circuited.” Kalego‘s head tilted to the side. “What does that mean?” Blushenko looked at his daughter. “She's cursed with her mother clan’s Bloodline Magic. Whenever in her evil cycle she can nullify pain and swap it with others. But whenever she's not in her evil cycle she experiences pain differently. Her Bloodline Magic is called, “Pain Amplifier.” Any small amount of pain doubles, triples and slowly gets more intense. Until the tiniest scratch feels like losing an arm or leg. She can't turn it off. Unless she goes into her evil cycle. But she can't possibly activate it all the time. So even if she can heal her wounds. She feels like she's dying if she gets hurt, even a little bit.” Kalego looked at Nozel a little differently. “She risked her own safety to save someone else. Knowing full well that she would be in unimaginable pain. She's not acting like she used to, is she?” Blushenko looked at Kalego a certain way. “She almost died by the guardian of cutthroat valley, before. It put her in a neverending coma. But then one day after several months of resting. She woke up. But she wasn't the same Nozel as before. She apologized and showed her roots. Something clearly happened. But I quite enjoy the change in attitude.” They both looked her way.

Nozel was tossing and turning as she fought against the feeling of being stabbed to death. “Please make it stop. I can't stand the pain anymore.” She began to cry openly as she woke up shaking violently. She looked up from her hands and saw her father and professor talking. She concealed her eyes with her tail. Tears streamed down her face as she tried to act tough. But failed miserably. “I can't do this anymore. I can't lie to myself anymore.” She hung her head low and dropped her tail. Tears fell from her eyes. “I'm tired of being a bad bitch.” She dried her tears and walked towards the two professors. She took a knee and bowed apologetically. “I'm sorry for being so rude as of late, sir.” Kalego was taken aback by her words and actions. “Pops, probably explained my pain situation. The truth is, I hate feeling pain so much. I thought if I became an unstoppable force. Then no one would threaten to hurt me ever again. My feeling of unimaginable pain turned into hatred for everyone and everything. But almost dying, it changed me. For the better. I don't want to hurt others. I don't want to cause you pain. But a small part of me enjoys it.” She stood up fully and loomed over him. “I love the way others look whenever they feel the same pain, I have to experience every time I get hurt. But I know that's not a good thing. So that's why I'm only going to use my ability to help others who are in need or can't protect themselves. I'm very strong. And I could easily beat my enemies into submission. But that's not really fun anymore. I'm tired of being alone. I'm going to become a strong demon just like you, sir.” She smiled happily at him. He got on edge. “But words don't matter to such a demon like you. But actions. That's another story. I risked my own life to save my new boyfriend Saburo.” Her father's ears perked up. “Oh that's right, pops. I have a boyfriend now. He's the one who attacked you. But don't you worry, he knows his place around me.” She glanced over at Kalego. “I protect those who I care about. My family. Loved ones. Classmates. And comrades.” She was still shaking violently. “We have a ranking ceremony to get to, right sir? I'll see you later pops.” She struggled to walk towards the exit.

Nozel forced herself to walk next to her professor. He was deep in thought. He suddenly stopped walking and grabbed her tail. She halted and looked back at him, extremely uncomfortable. He let go of her tail and then said sternly. “I need you to show me or rather share the feeling of what you are experiencing on a daily basis. Whenever you get hurt. I want to know what you go through. I'll be able to know more about your limits and how you can improve.” She looked at him reluctantly. “Are you sure?” He glared daggers at her in silence. She sighed in defeat. “I need a blade, can you conjure one?” He created a switchblade. She grabbed it and inhaled deeply. “Last chance, are you sure sir?” He looked determined.