Tears of losing

Shaizaan POV

" Sir, we have found this letter. Is this his handwriting? " I nodded.

With tears in my eyes, I was seated in hospital. My brother suicided.
The Police Officers and Doctors were dealing with the case.

" Sir, was there anything you can tell us about the stress or enemy he has? "

I stood up and said,

" Sir, around 2 months ago, our father died of a cardiac attack. Our mother died a year ago. It was a natural death. I have not been around him for a month because of my exams and interviews. The day before yesterday, I got my degree and he wasn't there. I called him. He didn't answer and in the morning, my friends reached here and told me about this. I don't know about him. But my father has an enemy. Because of them, he lost the deal and had loans. He was tortured mentally to pay for it as soon as possible. "

" I understand, Sir. I'll take the case with details and send a report. If you need protection, you can ask for help from us. " The Officer said and I nodded.

" Take care. " He said and left.

I sat on the chair as tears rolled down my eyes.
I read the letter my younger brother wrote. His pain, his grief, I was not there in any of them. I felt guilty for being away from him.

" Shaizaan " I looked at Izhaan who held my shoulder and said,

" Don't be guilty, Bro. "

" How can I not? " I said and walked out of the building and sat under the tree and cried.

My heart felt like someone was constricting it with a band. I couldn't breathe properly and laid down under the shade of the tree.

" Why me? Why all of you left me Abba, Mama, and you, Raza? " I asked.

" There he is. " I heard and soon I was dragged to stand.

" When will you give us the money? " I saw some goons grabbing the collar of my shirt.

" Sir he will pay. Let him... "

" You stay out of here. And you, I need my money before this day ends. " I looked at the goons who dropped me on the ground. I looked at Izhaan and Eugene who stood by my side.

" Are you okay? " Rinzal asked.

I nodded.

" I didn't expect this to happen here as well... " Rinzal whispered and continued,

" I think Shaizaan should leave Canada. He has completed his degree and should leave to stay safe. "

" What are you saying, Rinzal? Why would he leave? We will help him pay for the loan. "

I stood up and looked at all of them.

" Don't worry. I'll handle it myself. Just don't stop me from doing whatever I am going to do. "

" Don't tell me you will... " Eugene wanted to say but Izhaan covered his mouth.

" I won't do that. I know how to pay the loan. But before that we have to arrange the funeral. " I said and they all nodded.

After the funeral, many thoughts crossed my mind and only one answer was a constant solution.

I was walking to the apartment. It hurted more. Not because now the house is empty but because of the accusations of the society.

' Must be him who tortured him after parents death'

' He should have stayed when he knew he was younger... '