The unexpected encounter

Zahra POV

I woke up and looked around. I sat and saw footsteps walking away from my room door.
I looked around and found the file missing from my bag. The zip was open.

I ran out of my room and caught Aunty's hand in time.

" Give back the file. "

" No. It's mine. "

" Do whatever you want but remember you will pay for your deeds. " I gritted my teeth while trying to snatch the file from her hands.

" Khala, Zahra... " Jamil Bhai came and took the file.

" Either you both stop fighting or else I'll take the file. "

" Good, Jamil. Now give it to me. " Aunty smirked.

" You think I will give you, Khala. I need peace in this house or I'll leave as well. "
Jamil Bhai threatened her and she looked at him angrily and then at me.

" You have manipulated him... " She yelled at me.

" As if... " I said and went to get ready as the arrival of the bus was scheduled.

I walked out and saw Aunty looking at me angrily.

" You think you can get over this so easily... Wait and watch. " Aunty yelled at me.

" Instead, you should wait and watch, Aunty. Please keep Omera safe. May Allah bless her and keep her safe from your Karma. "

" Don't bring Omera into this. " Aunty warned.

" I am not like you who would harm the innocent ones. " I said and walked past her but she held my arm.

" Marry Jamil, you will stay safe and enjoy everything your father left for you. "

" Or is it that you want to enjoy everything my father left for me, through me...? " I asked with the same anger and determination as her.

" You have become worse... " Aunty said and raised her hand when I said,

" Remember the condition, Aunty. Any harm to me and Omera's money will be mine. I don't want her to suffer because of you. " I replied and turned to see Jamil Bhai standing.

" Either you marry him or leave this house. " Aunty shouted.

" Haven't Bhai told you my decision, Aunty? " I turned and asked her.

" What do you mean? "

I took my bags out of my room and kept it near the main door of the house. Jamil Bhai arranged the bags in his SUV and started the car waiting for me.

" Good, leave from here. It's my house now. " Aunty said and I smiled and walked away.

I turned to look at the house. Take a long glance of it before taking a seat in the car.

My eyes started to become watery because all the memories of my childhood started to appear in front of my eyes. I glanced at the house again and said in my mind,

" I'll never return. But if circumstances appear as such, please welcome me in a lovely happy environment. "

*****

I sat on the seat of the bus and looked at Bhai who sat on another seat.

" Please stay safe. At least stay in contact with Ifrah. I should know you are safe. Don't tell me the location. Just that you are safe and healthy. And..." Bhai said but I interrupted him and said,

" Please don't make it difficult for me, Bhai. Let's just part ways like this. No emotions behind. Please. " He nodded.

" Okay. This is for you. Don't deny this. Use this whenever you need. " He said and passed me an envelope.

" Are you sure there is no chip to track my location? " I asked.

" Zahra... " He looked at me but didn't say anything and left. He waved a bye at me and left in his SUV.

*****

" Welcome home " Qizra opened the door.

" Assalamualaikum " I said and hugged Khala. She is my Mother's best friend. They grew up together.

" Walaikum assalam " Khala hugged me and Qizra and Kinza, her daughter's helped me with the bags.

" Assalamualaikum Nani " I greeted Khala's mother.

" Walaikum assalam. You look so beautiful, Zahra. " She complimented me and I smiled.

" We shifted here a month ago. Your Nani and Qizra stayed with you in the hostel and I thought I should shift too after all after Kinza's wedding, I'll be alone when Qizra will be in college. And so my friend suggested this house, it's next to hers. " Khala narrated and I smiled while drinking water she passed me.

" Now we can stay here and study. College isn't that far from here. And we will get home made food too. " Qizra grinned while saying that and hugged me.

" Give her some space to breathe, Qizra. She has just come from traveling. " Kinza said.
Qizra and Kinza are non identical twins and around the same age as me.

" Congratulations on your wedding, Kinza " I congratulated her as tomorrow is her nikah.

" You arrived at the right time, Zahra. I am happy that you will attend my nikah. " I smiled and asked,

" Where are other relatives? "

" They went shopping. "

" Ohh. "

" And there's one more thing... " Kinza and Qizra looked at each other and said.

" What? " I asked and looked at Khala and others.

" Sorry Zahra but for this week, there are no free rooms here. We had your room ready but due to the extra guests we had yesterday, we had to give them the room. " I looked at them shocked.

" And so, we asked BiJaan and Hareem Khala to let you stay at their house for this week. Our neighbour's house. " Khala said.

" But Khala... "

" No need to worry. They have a daughter, Zunirah. She is a medical student too. And it's in neighbour. Stay here with us all day. Just for sleeping you have to... " Khala answered my questions that were in my mind.
I nodded.

" If you need your bag, then we can take them or you can keep them in their room. " Khala suggested pointing at Qizra and Kinza room.

" I'll take them. " I replied and after a rest for few more minutes, they helped me with my bags and we visited Hareem Khala's house.

" Assalamualaikum "

" Walaikum assalam, Dear " Hareem Khala and BiJaan replied and I smiled.

" We were waiting for you. Sorry but I have to visit Zunirah at her in law's. She is almost 9 months pregnant now. BiJaan will be here. Sorry but my flight is on right time so I have to go. Its nice to meet you, Zahra. Stay blessed Dear. " Saying that Hareem Khala left.
Soon, Khala and Qizra and Kinza left too.
I looked at the room I opened my bag for taking out the necessary items. After getting freshen up, I walked out of the room to saw a man coming out of the room next to me. My eyes widened and I turned and locked myself in the room.

No!!

*****

Assalamualaikum
How are you?
How's the story going?
Are you enjoying reading the story?

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes.

Please like and comment and enjoy reading further.

Iram Khan

08/03/2024