The Lyon's Roar

Jasmine walked into the studio where Cookie was, wanting to talk to her about something

Jasmine walked into the studio where Cookie was, wanting to talk to her about something. Seeing her working on a song with Hakeem, she turned to work out but Cookie stopped her.

"It'll be a few minutes. Just wait" Cookie told her and Jasmine nodded, sitting down next to her. "Might use your skills your daddy passed down to you and your siblings"

Jasmine chuckled, crossing her legs. "Okay" she sat her drink on the floor.

The music played and Jasmine listened to Hakeem rap to the beat. At least tried to. He was being too cocky and flashy.

"Hakeem got a thing for the ladies. The ladies got a thing for the Hakeem" he tapped and winked at Jasmine making her roll her eyes. "What I'm gone do with you, damn you so beautiful, how do I get you on my team?"

"Hakeem, you're on top of the beat baby. You gotta pull back" Cookie told him, making Hakeem annoyed with her already.

"Yo, like who is she to tell me what's right or wrong with my music?" Hakeem asked, looking at his father.

"I mean she's not wrong Hakeem" Jasmine spoke up. "You were going faster than the beat"

"It's not your song. This is Lucious's song" Cookie sassed back.

"Then you sing it" Hakeem threw the headphones at the glass, walking out of the booth.

Jasmine shook her head at the two as they continued bickering, not understanding how the two of them couldn't see each other's views on the way they acted.

"What the hell is wrong with y'all?" Lucious asked after he sent everyone except the four of them out the room.

"He started it" Cookie waved him off, turning to Jasmine.

"Nuh-uh, she started with all her dumb notes" Hakeem retorted back, not looking at his parents.

"That's her job!" Lucious yelled at him. "She's the producer!" He stood up. "Now y'all gotta fix this cause this isn't working"

"Hakeem, just tell your mom why you're so upset with her" Jasmine turned to the boy. "At this point, you want drama and fights to happen."

"I'm not doing this Jasmine. You out of all of us know that" Hakeem looked at her like she was crazy.

"Both of you stop the doctor Phil crap and tell that guy to get back to work Lucious" Cookie demanded.

"No! Y'all don't get it! Im about to be dead soon" he looked at the two of them. "And y'all are gonna have to work together after I'm gone and y'all can't work together if y'all ain't talking to each other" Lucious turned to Hakeem. "Now Hakeem, tell your mama why you always so damn mad at her"

Hakeem sighed as he looked at the ground and then at Jasmine, who gave him an encouraging nod.

"I'll leave you guys to talk" she stood up and walked out the studio for a moment.