Chapter 8 - Innocent Tears

Rick dragged Alex away as fast as possible, taking sharp turns and trying to get away and soon finding themselves in the elevator. It was perfectly preserved with only a few imperfections, bloody footprints on the floor. He threw her in and shut the door as quickly as possible, the high hanging light heaven.

"You cowering bastard!!" Alex yelled "You could've saved him!"

"Alex you need to understand tha-" Rick's sentence got cut off by an impact by Alex. She landed a weak punch to his chest, he winced slightly but stood his ground.

"I don't want your shitty apology!! I just lost my fucking best friend!" she threw a dozen punches at him using both of her hands. Most of them landed on his hands as Rick tried to block them.

Her eyes becoming sealed shut due to her distraught emotions, her face slowly turned into a deep crimson red with her traumatic tears. Her weakened body trailed down Rick before collapsing on the metal ground, clinging onto him.

"..I'm sorry.."Is all that's heard under the wimps and sniffling of her voice. "sniff..I'm sorry.." her voice cracked up even more.

Rick just sighed, looking down at the feeble teenager. "Look, I get it, he was someone very dear to you but you need to understand that.." he took another deep breath and kneeled down.

"You need to understand that by the time those things had bit him then Tyler was too far gone." "Alex, Look at me." Alex slowly tilted her head up towards Rick.

"I promise that I won't make the same mistake again after what happened to Tyler. Okay?" Rick promised.

"Sniff... alright" Alex subtly nodded. "I trust you."

Oliver and Robin rushed into the classroom, he slammed the door forcefully. Then stopping to lock the door by twisting the lock while panting softly. Mimi brought up an unneeded argument.

"So you're the person that set off the fire alarm! What the actual fuck is wrong with you?!" Mimi yelled while other people talked as well.

"Oliver, Robin, are you alright?" Mr. Baggins asked calmly with a slight anxious expression on his face.

Octavia turned to Mimi, "Mimi, you need to calm down--" she got cut off.

"--setting off the fire alarm?? Are you that stupid!?" She continued her argument no matter what her friends told her. "Do you want attention to be drawn to us?!"

"The only person that's drawing attention to us is you Mimi." Lee leaned back against the window sill beside Elliot. The short dirty blondie stood there nervously.

Mimi turned to face Lee, her face burning red and furrowing with frustration. "Dont tell me what to fucking do while your acting like a total douche when theres an apocalypse going on!" she said all of her words quickly.

"Mimi...." Octavia said softly. She then steadily strolled up to her and gently placed both of her hands on either side of Mimi's shoulders. "Let's...lets go over here for now, okay?"

She gently rotated Mimi around to face where she wanted to go and began to push her along the floor until they had reached that specific spot. Octavia sighed once again before looking her bestie directly in the eyes. "Look, you shouldn't yell at Oliver for setting it off. Even though it was kind of moronic." Mimi rolled her eyes away from Octavia in an obvious way. "Nevertheless, it can be a good idea to use later on."

"Whatever, I don't want to hear your petty statement." She began to walk away from her friend.

"Mimi, you can't just walk away like that. Show some empathy to Oliver. Like it or not you're stuck with him so please be rational in this situation." Baggins crossed his arms over.