Chapter 26

Chapter 26

RONNIE'S POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, which was one of Jacky's guitar solos. I blinked back the tears and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice cracking from all the crying.

"Ronnie? Are you okay?" I heard Ryan on the other line.

"Ye-no, I'm not." I sighed, taking a look at Jacky and holding in a sob.

"Well, what's up?"

"I-It's nothing. Anyway, what did you call for?"

"We were just wondering where you and Jacky were, you're late for band practice." I could hold back my sobs anymore and just let them rack through my body.

"W-We won't be at band practice today."

"Ronald, what the hell is going on." I wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"Just... come to the hospital." Ryan hung up and I threw my head into my hands. Twenty minutes later, I heard a knock at the door.

"Ronnie, it's us." I heard Ryan say through the door. I sighed and wiped my eyes, standing up.

"Hold on a second." I called, fixing my hair. I took a couple deep breaths before opening the door and peeking through the small crack.

"Hey, what's going on?" Ron asked. I sighed and allowed them to come in. They all gasped at once, covering their mouths. I broke down again and collapsed onto a nearby chair. Someone sat next to me and I felt a hand on my back. I looked over and saw Ryan, looking at me with a sad look but a comforting smile.

"He's going to be just fine." I leaned into Ryan and continued to bawl my eyes out. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back, whispering things into my ear.

"W-What happened?" Ron asked, tears in his eyes.

"It's all my fault." I sobbed, resting my head on Ryan's shoulder.

"Aww, no it's not." Derek said.

"YES IT IS!" I yelled, then shrinking closer to Ryan. "Sorry." I mumbled, wiping away a tear.

"It's fine, just tell us what happened." Ryan said.

"I jumped to conclusions." I admitted. "He came home from a bar and I was all pissed because he was there with a girl and I got jealous and I yelled at him and we had a huge fight and he sped away in his car and he was still a bit tipsy and it turned out to be his cousin and I feel so fucking horrible." I rambled, burrying my head into Ryan.

"Damnnnn." Derek said, breaking the awkward silence in the room.

"It's all my fault, I could've stopped him." I said, getting up and walking over to the wall, banging my head on it. "The worst part was, I knew what had happened before I got to the hospital. The accident was on the radio and as I drove by it, I saw Jacky's car, destroyed."

"Well, should we call his family?" Ryan asked.

"NO!" I exclaimed, causing them all to look at me. "I-I mean, not yet. Let's wait until all his test results back, until we have a definate confirmation on his condition, let's just wait." I rambled and they all agreed. Truth is, I didn't want to be blamed for this even though it was all my fault. I sat back down in my chair and placed my head into my hands.

"Can someone go to my house and feed Charlie, just kind of check on him?" I asked. "I really want to stay here."

"I will." Derek volunteered.

"Thank you." I said, tossing my keys to him. He nodded and walked out. I put my head into my hands once again and Ryan wrapped his arms around me.

"It's going to be all right."

"I really hope so." I said, wiping my eyes.

***********************************************************************************************

Awww Ronnie

5 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER