The Sorting Ceremony

"Talking"

"Parseltongue"

"Death Speak"

Me and Draco are soon going on our boat when we are then joined by Pansy and Blaise. Once all the other first years are inside the boat starts to move. I start to continue reading the book until I see a tentacle in the air. "IT'S THE GIANT SQUID!!!" I hear a random person scream.

Suddenly there's chaos all around. I start to hum a little tune and the squid comes towards me and puts his tentacle on my lap. I give him a few scratches and he then goes back underwater. When I look up and I see everyone staring at me with wide eyes. "What?" I was confused.

"Nothing little cousin. They are just surprised that you tamed him since he's big." Draco replied.

I simply nodded my head and went on with reading. Soon we were getting off of the boats and heading towards the castle's entrance. Me and Draco were the first to get to the top, so we decided to talk a little bit about my plans for when we get into Slytherin. After a couple of minutes everyone has made it to the top and we stop talking. Professor McGonagall soon opens the castle gates.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup."

All of a sudden Neville runs up to McGonagall. "Trevor!" he screams while snatching his frog off of her hat.

"Sorry..." he says embarrassed.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily" she says as she leaves to go into the Great Hall.

As we wait, I can hear Weasley in the background making fun of Draco with Granger, so I decide to go and confront him. "Think his name is funny, do you? I've no need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley. You'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others." I say with a sneer.

The both of them look baffled and don't even know what to say so I simply just walk away. "Cousin, you didn't need to do that for me." Draco said.

"It doesn't matter he disrespected my family one too many times. One of these days he will be the cause for his family having a Blood Feud." I snarled.

Soon McGonagall comes back out and says, "We're ready for you now. Follow me."

"All right, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words."

I simply look up and see him looking at me with shock, but he soon covers it up with his annoying loving grandfather look. I soor divert my eyes as I can feel him trying to look through my mind. "I gave a few-start-of-term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, out caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a painful death. Thank you." Dumbledore says.

I simply cannot understand how he is even still Headmaster after he said that speech. It's like it is deliberately trying to get us killed! I start to look up at the staff table and see Snape. I give him a soft smile, which it seems as though he was surprised to receive, but he soon covers it up. As I keep going down the table I gasp in surprise. To my surprise both of my soulmates are on the staff tables. Both Lucius, Snape, and Tom are sitting next to each other. I soon whisper under my breath, "Hello my beloved." I said while staring into his eyes.

He looks at me surprised as to see I can speak Parseltongue. I see him whisper something to Lucius. Since I can't really hear them, I decide to turn away and put my attention back onto McGonagall's speech. "When I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger."

"Gryffindor!"

"Draco Malfoy"

Before the hat can even be placed onto his head it screams, "Slytherin!"

I chuckle at his quick sorting. I soon hear Weasley talking. "There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin."

"Weasley bugger off and if you were smart you would know that Merlin himself was a Slytherin and he was far from evil." I say while rolling my eyes.

Gods, he's such an idiot. "Susan Bones"

"Hufflepuff"

"Ronald Weasley"

"Gryffindor!"

"Lyra Black"

Soon after my name is called everything goes silent. I elegantly walked towards the stoll being aware that all eyes were on me. Once I'm on the stoll The Sorting Hat was placed onto my head. "Hmm...difficult, very difficult. A strive for new knowledge. Plenty of ambition and you're quite cunning too. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, oh, yes. And a thirst to prove yourself plus you're the Heir of Slytherin." the hat says in my mind.

"Hello Allister. If you could, I would prefer Slytherin where I can truly be myself, but also be closer to my family and mates." I tell the hat.

"That was where I was going to put you dear. Good Luck. HEIR OF SLYTHERIN!" He yells.

 HEIR OF SLYTHERIN!" He yells

The hall is dead silent until the Slytherin table erupts with noise

The hall is dead silent until the Slytherin table erupts with noise. An elegant throne appears at the head of the Slytherin table, and a crown appears on my head. I look into Tom's eyes and smile. I sit down and say, "Let the games begin."