3) extracurriculars

"Dinner was lovely Emily" Richard said. "Mira does make a perfect Cassoulet" Emily said.

"Who's Mira" Lorelei asked. "Our cook" Emily said. "I thought the cook was Heidi" Lorelei said.

"Oh no we let Heidi go months ago she had a problem closing things the door, the refrigerator" Emily said. "The liquor bottle" Richard said.

"Then it was Trina, then Sophia" Emily said. "I liked Sophia" Richard said. "You did not" Emily said. "I didn't" Richard asked. "She was the one who sang" Emily said.

"That's right terrible woman" Richard said. "And after Sophia we had Anton" Emily said. "That's right Anton was the one that I liked" Richard said.

"I'm sorry, dad how do you mix Anton and Sophia" Lorelei asked. "What do you mean" Richard asked.

"Well one is a man, and one is a woman" Lorelei said. "And your point being" Richard asked.

"That one is a man, and one is a woman" Lorelei said. "I have a lot to do in a day Lorelei I don't have time to keep up with the multitudes of people that your mother employs" Richard said.

"But one is a man and one is a woman" Lorelei said. "This be a perfect time for dessert to show up" Aurora said.

Right on cue the cook came out and sat the cake on the table. "The dinner was so wonderful Mira" Lorelei said to the cook.

"It's Sarah" she said. "Oh, I'm sorry" Lorelei said and Sarah went back to the kitchen. "Mom her name is Sarah" Lorelei said to Emily. "I thought she said Mira" Emily said.

"Hey grandma these plates are really pretty" Rory said. "Thank you, Rory they were your great grandmother's" Emily said.

"Lorelei the first" Richard said. "Well, she had pretty great taste" Aurora said. "I thought mom was the first" Rory said. "Not in the name" Emily said.

"No but in so many other things I was a regular trailblazer just finishing your thoughts mom" Lorelei said.

"Lorelei the first was my mother she was an extremely accomplished equestrian a distinguished patron of the arts and she was also world famous for her masquerade balls she was quite a woman my mother" Richard said.

"Yes, she was Mira come cut the cake please" Emily said. "Yes, and why don't you bring Sarah out here with you" Lorelei said.

"Just another day at the Gilmores" Aurora said and took a sip of her drink.

Sarah came out and cut the cake giving everyone a slice. "So, Lorelei how are things at that charming little inn of yours" Emily asked. Sarah went around the table filling everyone's drink.

"They're still charming and little we're just crossing our fingers it doesn't become rude and large" Lorelei said.

"Mom's having a huge wedding there this week" Rory said. "Oh yeah that is this week isn't it" Aurora asked and Rory nodded. "Really" Emily said.

"Yeah, actually there's people coming from all over the country" Lorelei said. "Well, isn't that nice" Emily said.

"Yeah" Lorelei said. "Rory, Rora how's Chilton" Emily asked. "Okay done with me now" Lorelei said. "I'm sorry was there more to the story" Emily asked.

"Uh Rory has to pick a team sport to play" Lorelei said. "It's a requirement" Rory said.

"Physical fitness is as important as intellectual fitness so says Plato and so say I" Richard said.

"Rora what did you pick" Rory asked. "Swimming" Aurora said. "That actually suits you, you love to swim it's like your favorite thing besides horses" Rory said.