004. Thalia Torches New England

Evelyn

I was sitting with Nico while he was showing me all his figurines and cards, hes a sweet kid, reminds me of a young Aphrodite boy i know. Artemis assured us that dawn was coming, but it was still so dark.

***

Me, Percy, Thalia, and Grover were huddled up, Percy was talking about what Artemis said to him.

"The last time the Hunters visited camp, it didnt go well." Grover looked pale.

"Howd they even show up here?" Percy wondered. "I mean, they just appeared out of nowhere."

"And Bianca joined them," Thalia said disgusted. "Its all Zoë's fault. That stuck up, no good—"

"Thalia, you need to stop trash talking thes-" I got interrupted.

"Who can blame her?" Grover said, talking about Artemis. "Eternity with Artemis?" He heaved a big sigh, which made me and Thalia give him a weird look.

"Uhm, okay." I said

She rolled her eyes. "You saytrs. Youre all in love with Artemis. Dont you get that she'll never love you back?"

"But shes so . . . into nature," Grover swooned.

"You're nuts," said Thalia.

"Nuts and berries," Grover said dreamily. "Yeah." Which made me giggle

Finally the sky began to lighten. Artemis muttered, "About time. Hes so-o-o lazy during winter."

"You're, um, waiting for sunrise?" Percy asked.

"For my brother. Yes."

Percy looked a bit confused.

"Its not exactly as you think," Artemis said, like she was reading his mind.

"Oh, okay." He relaxed. "So, its not like he'll be pulling up in a—"

There was a sudden burst of light on the horizon, which made me squint to look at, until Thalia covered my eyes with her hand.

"Okay." I said confusingly

"Don't look until he parks."

"Okay."

When I opened my eyes, taking Thalias hand off my face, due to the warmth around me, I saw an attractive teenager wearing a sleeveless t-shirt.

"Dam(n)." I sorta-kinda shouted.

"Wow," Thalia muttered. "Apollo is hot."

I was about to say 'Exactly' but Percy butted in.

"Hes the sun god."

"Thats not what I meant." Which made me laugh.

"Little sister!" Apollo called, smiling with his bright ass teeth. "Whats up? You never call. You never write. I was getting worried!"

Artemis sighed. "Im fine, Apollo. And I am not your little sister."

"Hey I was born first."

"We're twins! How many millennia do we have to argue—"

So whats up?" he interrupted. "Got the girls with you, I see. You all need some tips on archery?"

Artemis grit her teeth. "I need a favor. I have some hunting to do, alone. I need you to take my companions to Camp Half-Blood."

"Sure, sis!" Then he raised his hands in a 'stop everything' gesture. "I feel a haiku coming on."

The hunters all groaned. Apparently they'd met Apollo before.