PROLOGUE

"I told you, Maahi. I told you!" Anvesha cried out. She entered the room. Maahi followed her. "It was never meant to happen." Said Anvesha as her cries turned louder.

"Anvesha," Maahi said in a soft voice. She placed her hand on Anvesha's shoulder. Maahi's hand trembles.

"Calm down," Maahi said. She made Anvesha sit on the bed. She sat next to her. "Baby, everything will be alright." She said in a calm voice.

"No!" Anvesha screamed out. "I... I..". Her lips were quivering as she managed to speak, but Maahi didn't hear anything. Anvesha gulped the lump formed in her throat. Maahi noticed her words choked.

Sweat beads formed on Anvesha's forehead. Anvesha placed her hands on her face. Maahi saw her hands tremble. Maahi's eyes welled up. "You are not the Anvesha I know," Maahi said. Anvesha looked at her. "This is not you. What have you done to my Anvesha!" Maahi said. Her voice was laced with accusation.

"I don't know." The words reached Mahi's ears. Anvesha sobbed.

"She is not my goofy bubbly Anvesha. She is just her lookalike. This can't be her." Maahi thought. Her heart cried out. She didn't know how to console her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"It's okay," Maahi said. She hugged Anvesha.  She could feel Anvesha's throbbing heart. She could sense her tensed body. Maahi tightened the hug. "It's okay baby. It's okay. I am here for you." She spoke. She started rubbing her back. It helped. Maahi could hear her breathing patterns getting normal. She continued whispering sweet nothings. She felt Anvesha's body relaxing in the hug. Maahi let out a sigh of relief.

Zoya came in. Her mouth is open in agape. She halted in her place. The phone in her hand fell. The sound reached Zoya's ears bringing her back to reality. She quickly ran out of the room.

After a minute, Zoya came with a glass of water. She ran towards them. She bent on her knees next to Anvesha. "Anvi," She called out. "Please drink some water." Anvesha looked up. Zoya felt a stinging sensation in her chest as she saw Anvesha's red eyes—dried tear marks on her face. Zoya extended the glass of water towards Anvesha. She held the glass from Zoya. She stared at it. The water spilled out. Zoya started caressing her hair. Maahi held Anvesha's hand and brought the glass of water to her lips. Anvesha coughed out as she drank some water.

"You can always count on us," Zoya said as she hugged her. Maahi joined.

Zoya looked at Maahi. Maahi nodded in agreement. "You know what they say," Anvesha pulled her chin up, still in a hug. Maahi continued. "When it's meant to happen, destiny plays its card."

"It won't," Anvesha said in a feeble voice.

Zoya saw the emptiness in her eyes. They stared blankly. "Trust god," Zoya said. She placed a feathery kiss on her forehead.

"I know they will meet again," Maahi said. Zoya nodded in agreement. "That's how it's supposed to be," Maahi said. Anvesha looked at her with hope amidst her blurry eyes.

***

Avyansh twisted the doorknob. He entered inside. Sidharth marched behind him. "What the hell did you do man!" Sidharth shouted.

"What did I do!" Asked Avyansh. Sidharth pulled him from his arm. Avyansh stared blankly. Unfazed. Unaffected. Standing like a hard wall.

"You fucking know what I am talking about, and you still have the guts to play innocent." He said raising his voice further.

"I don't."

Sidharth saw Avyansh's eyes wandering. "Something is off." Sidharth thought. He took a deep breath. "Don't let her go," He said calmly. He placed his hand on Avyansh's shoulder.

"I can't."

"Why?" Sidharth asked trying to decipher any emotion, but none surfaced on his face. "I know that you love her. Please stop her." Sidharth said in a pleading voice. Avyansh didn't say anything. Sidharth looked at him. His eyes. His eyes lacked the usual shine.

Sidharth hugged him. He could feel Avyansh's tensed muscles. Avyansh's heart wasn't at peace. Yet, he stood still; his face was devoid of any expression. His arms hanging by his sides. His eyes were still fixed on the floor. Lifeless. Emotionless. "It's for the best." Sidharth heard a heavy voice; he didn't miss the quivering in it.

Sidharth pulled apart from the hug. "You both will meet for sure," Sidharth said with a determined look. "It's meant to happen." He added.

"It's not," Avyansh said. His hands balled in a fist. "I need fresh air." He said before he stomped out of the room.

***

Hey lovely people. It's me. I am the problem it's me. Your author herself is the biggest problem in her life. No regrets to be honest because that's how I am.

Anyways, do tell me how the prologue is. What all you guys are expecting from this novel? Is it worth reading?

If yes, then

VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE.

Jasmine signing off.