(1) Rozinne

This story is a work of fiction. Any names of characters, places and events mention are clearly coincidence and fictional.

The sky hung heavy with dark, brooding clouds that seemed to weigh down the very air with their oppressive presence. Rain fell in a relentless downpour, each droplet a tiny dagger slicing through the damp chill that permeated the desolate landscape. The road stretched out before her, a lonely ribbon of asphalt disappearing into the misty horizon, its surface glistening with the slick sheen of rainwater. With each weary step, she trudged forward, her black hair plastered to her face, her clothes clinging to her skin like a second skin. Her footsteps echoed hollowly against the empty streets, the only sound amidst the eerie stillness that enveloped her like a suffocating shroud.

Memories of her bad day at work replayed in her mind like a relentless nightmare, each disappointment and setback weighing heavily on her weary soul. She felt the weight of the world pressing down on her shoulders, a burden too heavy to bear, as she struggled to make sense of the relentless onslaught of negativity that seemed to follow her wherever she went. Tired and disillusioned, she longed for escape from the suffocating grip of her past, yet found herself trapped in a never-ending cycle of despair and regret.

In the sterile halls of the hospital, she toiled tirelessly, her days a blur of endless tasks and relentless demands. As a nurse, her duty was to provide care and comfort to those in need, yet her colleagues saw her as nothing more than a convenient scapegoat for their own shortcomings. They piled on ridiculous workloads, expecting her to shoulder the burden of their incompetence with a smile plastered on her face. Her shifts were a never-ending nightmare of exhaustion and frustration, with no respite in sight.

But it wasn't just the workload that weighed her down-it was the constant barrage of verbal abuse and belittlement from her colleagues that left her feeling broken and defeated. They mocked her naive and pushover character, taking advantage of her gentle nature to assert their dominance and assert their power over her. They never bothered to respect her, treating her as nothing more than a punching bag for their own insecurities and frustrations.

Despite the toxic environment she found herself in, she continued to soldier on, her dedication to her patients and her unwavering sense of duty driving her forward even in the face of adversity. She longed for the day when she would be able to escape the toxic environment of the hospital and find a place where her kindness and compassion would be appreciated and respected. But until that day came, she would continue to fight the battles waged against her, determined to prove that even the meekest of souls could possess a strength and resilience that defied all odds.

As she walked, the rain continued to fall, a relentless drumbeat that echoed the rhythm of her weary heart. Each droplet felt like a tiny dagger piercing her skin, a physical manifestation of the pain and anguish that gnawed at her insides. And yet, amidst the gloom and despair, a tiny spark of hope flickered deep within her soul, a glimmer of light in the darkness that whispered of the promise of better days ahead. With each step forward, she clung to that fragile ember of hope, determined to weather the storm and emerge stronger on the other side, ready to face whatever challenges the future may hold.

Rozinne Akumi, a 24-year-old woman with a spirit forged in the crucible of adversity, found herself far from the familiar streets of her hometown, navigating the uncertain path of life as a nurse in a foreign land. Born into a world of turmoil and abandonment, she bore the weight of being a bastard child, a label that branded her with the scars of her parents' sins. Her father, a man consumed by his own demons, lashed out with a cruelty that left her battered and broken, while her mother, unable to face the shame of her own choices, turned her back on the innocent child she had brought into the world.