eleven

Stepping onto the  Columbia University campus for the first time as a mid-semester transfer, my emotions are a whirlwind of excitement and a hint of nervous anticipation. 

I agreed to go here for Natasha's sake. She is right, a little distraction is exactly what I need right now. I am just not good at stuff like this. Meeting new people, and forming friendships. I'm just not used to it. The crowded hallways seem to pulse with energy as glances follow every step I take, me being the new face of the school.

In my first history class, three girls catch my attention. One of them, the embodiment of Italian liveliness, commands the room with her expressive gestures. Her long, wavy dark hair frames her face, and her eyes sparkle with a contagious enthusiasm. Her conversations bring the classroom to life, and I find myself drawn to her.

Standing nearby are unmistakable New Yorkers, both blond with dark blue eyes. They spread a confident charm that complements their striking appearance.

Summoning my courage, I approach the trio. 

"Hey, mind if I join you guys? I'm Stacy." 

Tasha and I decided that its best to not use my real name for various reasons. 

"Hiii Stacy! I'm Maddy. These are Blair and Tessa."

Blair's long, flowing honey blond hair falls gracefully around her shoulders, framing a face that carries an air of sophistication. Despite the intensity of her dark green eyes, there's an unmistakeable warmth she spreads.

Tessa, on the other hand, with her straight light blond hair, possesses a more carefree spirit. Her infectious laughter resonates through the room, and her dark blue eyes twinkle with a mischievous glint. Despite their similar appearances, Blair's elegance contrasts with Tessa's playful energy, creating a dynamic pair.

The introduction is warm and as we exchange stories of our favorite city spots and unique experiences, my initial nervousness gives way to a growing feeling of enthusiasm.

After class, Maddy grabs my arm to talk to me. 

"Why don't you join us tonight? We're having a little get-together at my place. Pasta and gossip sessions!" 

"I would really love to!" I say happily.

Throughout the week, I find myself hanging with my friends nearly every day. Natasha is visibly happy that everything is going so well for me as I tel her all the stories during training.

"You've got to try the pizza at Joe's down on Carmine Street. It's life-changing." Tessa says, while we're walking to our American Literature lecture together. 

"Consider it added to my to-do list!", I laugh. 

I can't describe how happy I've been for the past month because of them. 

"And we should plan a weekend trip to Little Italy. You'll feel like you're back in Rome!", Maddy adds.

I start feeling a genuine sense of ease. The bustling hallways that once felt overwhelming now hold the promise of friendship and shared experiences.

One evening, after an exhaustingly intense class discussion, the trio invites me to do something once again. 

"There's this charming café near campus. Let's grab some coffee and unwind.", Blair says. 

She looks absolutely amazing in her expensive coat and thick scarf. I never asked her exactly what her parents do, but she definitely comes from a wealthy family, considering that she grew up in the upper eastside an attended a private school all her life.

As the days unfold, and the weather gets colder, my training in the Avengers tower intensifies while exam season at university is about to begin. Not that my grades really matter, but still...

Luckily, I find comfort in the diversity of my friends personalities, each contributing to the richness of our growing friendship.

As the semester progresses, we start to form a tight-knit support system. Late-night study sessions turn into moments of shared frustration and eventual triumphs. The friendship that started in the history class fuses into a genuine bond that I don't think anyone of us expected.

One weekend, as we explore the city together, Maddy leads us to a small Italian bakery tucked away in the heart of the city, where the aroma of freshly baked pastries surrounds us. Blair introduces us to an art gallery showcasing local talent, and Tessa suggests a hidden rooftop spot with breathtaking views of the skyline.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

A/N: 225 reads, omg!! Thank you so much! This is my first wattpad story and it's really been so much fun!! - Lots of Love, Nastja <3

P.S.: Do you like the new cover? Don't forget to vote and comment :)