☼ ONE ☼

(js a heads up, this chapter might get a lil boring bc it talks about your backstory and origin n stuff but you meet Sukuna in the next chapter dwdw, so stay tuned!!)

It was the Heian Era, known as the Golden Age of Jujutsu. You were a warrior, the guardian of an isolated village that rests upon magical soil; the terrain was known as Aokigahara. Although the village was protected by the forest that surrounded it, in the dead center was the Mother tree that towered over everything. 

It was a magical tree, much bigger than the average. Some say the magic that flows through it caused it to become this size; one of the largest trees to have ever existed in the Heian Era. But this tree has been protecting its people for generations, even before their ancestors found and took care of this forest.

Aokigahara had a mind of her own, knowing which were enemies and which were allies. The bond she shares with the village people is stronger than steel chains holding an anchor to a boat. The soil you walked upon was rich in magic that it glowed whenever one interacted with it. The creatures that lived there with the villagers were one of a kind.

You grew up in this village with your grandmother who was a retired nurse for the village. Unfortunately, she had passed years previously, but you can still hear her in the wind and the buzzing bees fluttering about in the gardens.

You were originally born in a kingdom very far from Aokigahara, but barbarians destroyed that kingdom. You were a baby when you and your grandmother escaped to this village many years ago, leaving your entire family behind. The roots and vines that acted as a barrier for the village from the outside world welcomed you and your grandmother with open arms, which earned the respect of the village.

Your family is known for generations of loyal warriors whose sole purpose was to protect royal dynasties. You didn't know much about your family that had passed since the fall of the kingdom because your grandmother hardly ever told you anything. However, you did know that the bloodline ends with you unless you conceive a child.

Ever since you came of age to learn to fight, your grandmother was there to train you to become who you were meant to be. Fending off enemies by yourself was difficult, which is why your grandmother allied you with a jujutsu sorceress who was able to bend magic at her will. This was shortly before your grandmother had passed.

Her name was Sei Gojo, said to have belonged to a famous and powerful clan of jujutsu sorcerers in her family. There's something strange but special about her, something you can't quite place your finger on. Her eyes sparkled a crystal blue and she had a deadly but purifying presence to her.

You weren't gifted, hence you couldn't see these creatures she always warns you about. The Gojo tells you that it's because of your low curse energy, but you were uneducated about this kind of sorcery. She laughed at this and said that she would teach you.

For the past few years, she taught you all about cursed tools, cursed energy, and cursed techniques. And by the age of 20, you learned to sense the presence of these invisible creatures and to kill them; you were damn good at it.

She suddenly gifted you a set of cursed tools one day. You didn't question it as she's made you work with many cursed tools beforehand. They were six steel blades, each had a unique engraving of a language you had never seen before. They glinted at the touch of your hand, and they were quite heavy. You noticed some scratch marks and imperfections which meant that the blades were used in battle many times before.

"Where's the handles?" You asked, dumbfounded.

Sei laughs, "There are no handles. You are a special one, you know."

You watch her come toward you pick up one of the heavy steel blades and ask, "What do you mean?"

"You come from a line of powerful warriors, why do you think they were better than the rest and served royalty?" She remarks, walking away and peeking at you from over her shoulder.