Chapter 7 - Confined Spaces

"Psst....why is it so quiet? Tyler?" Alex whispered to her best friend.

"What do you mean?" Tyler asked in confusion. "It's not like we left the library."

They both wandered around the far back of the first floor. Tyler strolled his long legs against the silent floor while Alex skipped. For most of the walking, she kept on leaning against the taller boy.

Alex loudly groaned. "Ughh! Im so fucking bored!" she yelled out loud.

"If you are bored then why did you come with me to lap? You could've just stayed at the library instead of going with me." He said right to her squished, chubby face.

"Heh, you're short." Tyler uttered, still right in her face.

"Short? SHORT?? Hey! I am a very respectable height for my age thank you very much!" Alex was offended by his statement.

"Yeah! When you're twelve years-old! Miss five foot one." Tyler chuckled to himself before beginning to pick up his pace with his long legs, striding.

"Hey! British boy! You can't just insult me and walk away like that!" she pouted but with a smirk crawled onto her face, she then jogged towards him.

Their footsteps rumbled the glossy floor with their stomps echoing. That was the only thing that they could hear.

"It's...too quiet. I thought that we would hear the chatter from here?" Alex didn't like the awfully eerie silence. They continued to walk.

"Yeah, that is kind of strange. Shouldn't we hear them?" Tyler quickly thought to himself for a moment. "We can go back? If you like?"

She nodded, they began to pick their feet off the floor. Tyler's hands in his own jean pockets, his curly hair bouncing as they walked. Alex's arms swayed around freely, no weight attached to them. Her long, red, zipped hoodie creased on top of the black leggings--

"AAAGGGHHH!!" a scream hurdled out suddenly, sounding like a compulsed fit of rage that had been let out as a groan.

"...What was that?" Alex mumbled.

"Fuck if i know!" Tyler loudly whispered to his best friend, "Let's turn back. I don't want to see what's screaming."

"Don't be such a weeaboo." she harshly patted him on the back. "Come on, we're not cowards. Yellow boy."

Alex grabbed Tyler's hand and pulled him into the direction of the curdling scream. He immediately stopped in his pace.

"Fuck this shit i'm out." he muttered to himself before doing a full one hundred and eighty degree's and bolted away to safety.

Alex heavily exhaled and began to walk in the other direction. A few moments later she randomly catched Tyler sprinting towards her once again.

"Start running!" he shouted.

"What-?!" Her sentence was shortly cut off before Tyler forcefully gripped her arm and dragged her with him.

"--HAHAHAHAHAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!" A random infected let out a terrifying scream from across the distance.

Unable to control its very own flimsy body, it bounced around the narrow corridors. Hitting every crevasse in the space as Alex tried to free herself from the harmful grip.

She rips her arm out of his tight grasp. "Let go of me! I can run!" she yelled at him. Alex becoming out of breath thus far.

"Apparently not fast enough!" he said while he tried to track his surroundings. "-Dammit! Where are we heading?!" Tyler said before he turned a sharp corner before noticing even more but one in particular.