eight

"Why would I let you stay here?" 

Stark askes, sitting down at the end of a long table, gathering the Avengers team around him. 

"I never asked to stay here" 

"Oh please, it's not like you have anywhere to go." 

He's absolutely right.

"You need me. Simple as that."

"Why is that so?" 

"Because you don't want me to be your enemy. I am a trained killer. Two is better than one." 

I glance at my sister next to me. She proudly smiles before turning to speak to Stark.

"Let her live here. It's not like she takes up any space. When our next mission comes we can negotiate if you want to take her with you or not. But either way, Nastja needs some time to adapt to her new life. And you all can get to know her better." 

She quickly looks at Steve before Stark can answer. 

"Okay sure, whatever."

• • • • • • •

"Hey, I'm Clint. We didn't have the chance to talk." 

I'm sitting on the huge couch in the living room, reading Harry Potter, a book I have to read apparently, according to Nat. I look up. 

"Oh, hi. Nat has talked a lot about you."

"Only good things I hope." 

"You decide." 

"Okay", he chuckles. 

"Tell me about you." 

"What?" 

"You heard me. Tell me about you." 

"Why would I trust you with that?" 

"Because your sister does." 

Fair point.

"Well, I was trained in the red room..." 

"No. From the beginning. Tell me about you. Not the person the red room made you become. Where were you born?"

"Umm, they wiped my memory so I don't know anything about my family. I know I am American and that my parents weren't dead like most girls' parents in the red room. I like to imagine that I was taken from them rather than that they gave me to Hydra and later the red room. It makes life easier." 

"Wait what? Hydra?"

"Yes. I was experimented on for years. Together with the Winter Soldier. They tried to recreate the super soldier serum. But they didn't want to directly experiment on him so they tested it on me first before they gave those substances to him. All because I'm a woman. In their eyes that made me worthless. That is the biggest difference I experienced between Hydra and the red room. The red room knows a woman's worth."

"How come that you remember all this but nothing about the person you were before?" 

"I guess they wanted to make me merciless killer but left all those horrible memories to be able to control me."

"How old were you?" 

"Hm?"

"How old were you when they took you?"

 "I don't know." 

"Well how old are you now?" 

"I don't know. The time in the red room works differently. You don't know what is happening nor how much time went by. Because that is exactly what Dreykoff wants. Natasha and I assume I was about 20 when we first met. I don't know how much time I spent at Hydra before. It could be anything between 2 and 20 years. I will never know. Natasha and I made sure the only person who ever knew is dead."

"Damn. And I thought growing up in Iowa was bad." 

"Oh no, that sounds just as horrible", I chuckle.

"Iowa? Really Clint?" My sister enters the room crashing down on the couch. 

"Stark and Banner are going to be the death of me. They talk so sciency when they're together. The perfect bromance.", she laughs tiredly.

"We should do something fun." 

"Like what?" 

"A girls night. With Pepper." 

"I'm really thirdwheeling right now, am I right?", Clint asks with a smile.

"Oh I'm so sorry Clint. You can go shopping with us tho." 

"Nah thanks, I'm fine. I'm gonna leave you guys here, Fury needs me or something. See you later." He gets up and leaves the room.

Natasha's mask drops and her happy face turns into a serious one. Oh shit. This is gonna turn into one of those big sister talks.

"What happened to you?" 

"What do you mean? I am the same as you left me."

"No, stop lying. What did they do to you?"

"They brought me to this castle in eastern Europe. To Hydra."

"Oh my gosh. Please tell me they didn't hurt you", Nat says, her eyes watering. 

"They used this thing on me and a lot of other teenagers. It gave us umm abilities. Only me and two others survived. Before I could even get used to it, they send me back. Apparently because they failed."

"Failed what?"

"Failed to give me those um enhancements."

 "What do you mean with enhancements?" "

This might sound crazy.." 

"Oh please", she interrupts me. 

"I fought alongside a green 7"5 green dude and the god of thunder against some aliens from space who wanted to take over New York. Whatever you say it will not be crazier than that."

"They tried to give me 'magical' powers. They think it didn't work but it did. I just can't control it. That's what you saw earlier this morning. Whenever I get scared or surprised or my body just thinks I'm in danger those 'powers' come out."

"What powers are we talking about?" 

"I haven't completely discovered that yet. But it definitely has something to do with energy. I wonder what that scepter was. It was an incredible energy source."

"The what?" Natasha looks alarmed.

"The scepter. They used it to give us those powers." 

"Jarvis, show me a picture of Loki's scepter." 

"Of course Ms Romanoff"

"Nastja, this is really important. Did it look anything like this?" 

Her finger is pointing to a projection in front of me. 

How does she know about the scepter? 

"That is it." 

"Oh gosh. Really?"

"Yes, why would I lie?" 

"No, sorry you're right. You have to come with me. Jarvis, call the team into the conference room for me, please." 

"On it, Ms Romanoff."

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

A/N: Sorry it's been so long, I had some college stuff to do. I really hope you like this chapter. I wanted to give a little background info about Anastasia. Love, Nastja <3

P.S: Please don't be a ghostreader! Vote and comment!!

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•