Prologue

TRIGGER WARNING: Murder, blood, violence, mentions of abuse.

AN: The prologue just explains Ivy's backstory of why she's running away from her family. If you are easily triggered by the above subjects, you are free to skip to chapter 1 without missing much.

Enjoy!

***
All I could think about was the sound of the gunshot going off and the body falling to the floor.

I was 14 years old when I saw my oldest brother Victor kill our Father. Right after our Father stabbed our Mother in the chest. She was dead. Her lifeless body lay on the floor next to the once white fire place mantle. Her crimson blood spilled out of the open wound darkening her clothes, filling up the knife, and spilling onto the floor.

Father was going towards me next. He had gotten drunk. I was used to Father beating Mother with a belt or a beer bottle, and sometimes he would hit me. But tonight was different. Father was angrier than usual.

He grabbed the sharpest object he could find and stabbed our Mother to death. The screams that came out of her were horrifying. She screamed at me to run in her final moments. I stood there paralyzed with fear as I watched my Father murder my Mother. As he started to come towards me, I heard it.

A gunshot went off. Father fell to the ground. Turning around, I saw my brother with the gun. And that was the last time I saw them. My family. I live in a family of murderers. I have to run. I have to keep running.

I didn't know where I was going but I knew I had to get far away from them. I ran outside of my family home in the pitch black night and made it outside of the gates.  The rest of the night is a blur but I know one thing for sure.

I am never going back.

***