Chapter 21 ~ My beautiful girl

🖤

Words:-1400+

________________________

Siddharth's Pov__

After dropping her at the mansion, I immediately headed to the office. With just six minutes left for the meeting, I pushed my car to an insane speed, determined not to be late.

I could have sent a driver to pick her up from college, but the truth was, I couldn't trust her with anyone else. I felt a sense of responsibility to protect her.

A lingering smile adorned my lips; she wanted me to accompany her to her friend's birthday party. The thought of her wanting me there filled me with anticipation. I planned to take her on a long drive after the party.

But for now, I needed to focus on the meeting at the office.

It was a hectic meeting, lasting for a grueling 2 hours and 30 minutes. The client's behavior got on my nerves, and I vowed silently that this would be my first and last collaboration with them. I couldn't imagine working with people like them.

By the time the meeting concluded, it was 5:00 pm. Hunger gnawed at me; I hadn't even had lunch due to the challenges posed by that meeting. I headed to my cabin, contemplating the need for a much-needed break and a satisfying meal.

Eager for a home-cooked meal, I couldn't resist my hunger any longer. After multiple attempts, Raha finally picked up my call after ignoring five missed calls.

"Hello," I greeted her.

"Hmm," came her curt reply.

Concerned about her college work, I asked, "Do you have any assignments or college work today?"

"Huhh," she responded, seemingly uninterested.

"Are you busy with your college things today, Raha?" I probed further.

"N... no," she replied.

Politely, I asked, "Can you cook for me tonight?" Hoping for a positive response, I wasn't prepared for her indifferent "Huhh."

Frustrated, I reiterated, "I said can you make dinner for me tonight."

"If... yo... you want, I will," she reluctantly agreed.

"Of course, I want; that's why I'm asking, Raha," I replied, looking forward to her cooking.

Silence followed my statement.

"I will come early," I informed her.

"Hmm," was her nonchalant response.

"Bye," I said, realizing that I wouldn't get much more from her, and I simply ended the call.